Posts by plezz82

You would need to write drivers to make the USB-Port with the rest of the Hardware. There literally hundreds of different WiFi-Sticks.

I'm aware that USB doesn't supply enough power (but I'm spoiled with USB-C nowadays of course). And as I mentioned, I'm happy with the solution I built myself. I don't care if there is one more power cable in the back and i don't need the remote. I just wanted to give feedback, that this router does its job.

Thanks for the feedback on the router! I'm looking at the slightly older 702 version as it's half the price, and as it has access point mode, it looks like it should do what I need.

I think something like the wr902 should work for me as I just need ethernet to WiFi. I use an fcb1010 for control so don't need to worry about ethernet pass thru. I only wasn't to add ios control for rehearsals, I use the Pc editor at home.

There's also a slighter cheaper wr802 that looks like it should fit the bill. It's not as good as the other, but looks like it will have all I need.

I know this may seem really lame, but why couldn't we just put a USB WiFi dongle in the back of the toaster?

TP Link Dongle

I coukd be totally wrong, but I think the issue would be drivers for the dongle. If I'm right I doubt kemper have any means to put the right driver on the kemper so it wouldn't know what to do with the device.

Then there are different drivers for different dongles etc.