Posts by Froeschlein

Hi Kemper users,

in the system settings, you can set what an expression pedal or a dual switch pedal woud do, for example "wah -> volume" for expression pedal and "stomp A on/off" & "stomp X on/off" for the dual switch.

This is than applied to all rigs.

Is it possible to set these pedal functions in a rig-basis?

For example in rig 1, the expression pedal is a "wah -> volume" and the switch pedal toggles stomps A and X, in rig 2 the expression pedal is "morph" and the switch pedal toggles "infinitiy" and "tuner"?

Thanks!

Chris

In addition to type in settings in rig manager:

In rig manager, when I play around with various settings in a rig, it would be great if a double-click on a parameter would set it back to the value stored in the rig.

I think that might be easily integrated since the stored parameter values are still there.

So this would be "restoring a particular value" from your rig when you edited it...

In that matter it would be cool if changed (so to say "unsaved") parameters would be highlighted...

Please let me know if this is understandable and you know what I mean:D

Nochmal auf deutsch:

Wenn ich ein vorhandenes Rig editiere und an mehreren Einstellungen schraube, wäre es zum einen gut, wenn ein Doppelklick auf einen dieser Parameter diesen einen Wert aus dem gespeicherten Rig wieder ausliest. Quasi ein Zurücksetzen zum zuletzt gespeicherten Wert.

In diesem Zusammenhang wäre es dann genial, wenn man geänderte (also noch nicht gespeicherte) Parameter visuell hervorheben würde.

Dann sieht man auch direkt, was beim Wechsel des Rigs flöten ginge.

Hmm, ich glaube, solange der Widerstand des Potis in einem vom Profiler auswertbaren Bereich liegt, kannst du über die Kalibrierung die unterschiedlichen Poti-Widerstände der verschiedenen Pedale dem Kemper begreiflich machen, sodass er damit klar kommt.

Das ändert aber nichts an der Kurve, die das Pedal über den Pedalweg hat... und natürlich auch nicht an der Kurve, wie der Kemper später damit rechnet.

Der Kemper Support hat mir bereits auf meinen Feature Request geantwortet, dass die Volume-Kurve intern wohl schon auf einen logaritmischen Verlauf umgerechnet wird.

Du könntest halt nochmal das Poti deines Pedals messen, falls du ein Multimeter hast.

Vielleicht ist da was im Argen.

Hi guys,

using the EP1-KP, you get a linear volume curve as the poti is linear.

It would be awesome to be able to change the pedal behaviour to a logaritmic curve.

14291-pasted-from-clipboard-png

When having Hi-Gain sounds, the audio signal is so compressed that a small change of guitar input volume results in a rather abrupt rise of the output signal.

Thats why many other effect boxes support a logaritmic curve for pre-stomp volume pedals, sensitive at the beginning and steeper at the end (the dashed line below the blue one, labled with Log (Audio).

That would be awesome!

Thanks and best regards,

Froeschlein

...hab mein Pedal gestern mal durchgemessen, zwischen sleeve und ring sind etwa 10kOhm und der Schleifer des Potis hängt am ring.

Auf mittlerer Pedalstellung habe ich dann zwischen sleeve und ring sowie zwischen tip und ring ca. 5 kOhm.... scheint linear zu sein.

Schau mal in diesen Thread, da wurde mir geholfen.

Steep volume pedal curve

Kurz zusammengefasst: in den Settings kannst du bei Expression Pedalen zwischen "Type 1" und "Tyoe 2" wählen, welches den Kennlinienverlauf verändert und damit eigentlich andersartige Pedale kompensieren soll.

Type 1 wäre die schwarze, lineare Kurve.

Type 2 (wie ich es eigestellt hatte) wäre dann wohl eher "inverse log".

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Ich werde trotzdem mal einen Feature Request aufmachen, dass man noch eine sanftere Kurve (die blaue) mit aufnimmt.

Andere Hersteller bieten das nicht ohne Grund an ;)

Viele Grüße,

Froeschlein

Hi Hoki Toki,

as I tried this, I had to make some other setting changes, because input 2 was set to "dual switch".

There I noticed, that there are 2 types of expression pedals types in the settings ("Pedal type 1" and "Pedal type 2").

For some reason, I had set my input 1 to "Pedal type 2" which - according to the manual - is only for pedals with an "reversed polarity" and could lead not to a reversed, but to a "a suboptimal response curve".

After setting the input 1 (where my EP1-KP was connected) to "Pedal type 1", the curve seemed to be linear.

That was it, thank you very much! :)

I appreciate your help!

Cheers,

Froeschlein

Hallo Tisi,

bei mir verhält sich das EP1 etwas anders, im unteren Bereich des Pedals "schießt" die Lautstärke förmlich nach oben. In den oberen 2/3 des Pedals tut sich dagegen gar nichts mehr, weil schon nach kurzem Pedalweg schon 90% der Lautstärke erreicht sind.

Als Volume-Pedal vor den Verzerrern ist das kaum zu gebrauchen, weil es eher eine Schalter-Charakteristik hat.

Ich messe morgen den Widerstand des Pedals mal durch. Vielleicht kann man Rückschlüsse auf die verbaute Poti-Kennlinie schließen.

Eine entsprechende Einstellung am Kemper (linear / logaritmisch) wäre aber in jedem Fall hilfreich.

Viele Grüße,

Froeschlein

Hi,

I just got my Profiler a few days ago. Bought it with the Mission EP1-KP.

I noticed a rather steep curve in the lower end of the pedal.

When using it as volume pedal on "input", the gain seems to explode in the lowest 10% of the pedal while the upper 50% seem to do nothing.

When having an eye on the "calibration" meter, it confirms my perception.

It's almost as if the poti has an inverse logaritmic curve like the green one:

Is there a way to adjust the behavior of the pedal?

Thanks and best regards!

Froeschlein