Posts by breachy51

Good news, luckily the studio manager spoke to someone else who said it's actually a pretty decent bit of kit so I was allowed to use it in the end :) She also admitted she was muddled between compressor and limiter. I used it in the end through PA and it sounded fantastic and no issues controlling level being cautious and then working to appropriate level.

Thanks all for the tips! I think I now have a much better grasp of how to mix a band through desk which I've managed to avoid for the last 15 years.

Thanks guys, BayouTexan I was thinking to go direct but from the spec on the monitor website wasn't sure if it was definitely active? Quoting below from the site.

"Switchable passive/bi-amp operation for flexibility of use"

sstauffer the monitor will be used to for at least my guitar and vocals, possibly bass and an additional guitar. Am I right in thinking to achieve that I would use a send from the desk?

Hi folks,

I got my Kemper Stage a few days a go and I'm slowly figuring out the home setup, but I've got a rehearsal studio booked in a couple of weeks so just wanted to check in with some pros about how I should be using the gear correctly, I'll be playing guitar. I don't have a separate power amp so my main concern is making sure I'm setup correctly into the desk then using the monitors for the rest of the band (and myself) to hear me.

Studio has the following gear available - Link to Monitor Spec - https://www.turbosound.com/tur…d/product?modelCode=P0B4S

PA System

Allen & Heath GL2400 24 channel mixer

FOH, Turbosound TXD 151 tops with 18” subs

4 way monitor mix, Turbosound TMW-112

Graphic EQs, BSS Opal FCS-966

SPX effects unit

Microphones, stands and DI boxes

Any advice on how I would setup would be well received, I've played guitar for years but I'm a real novice when it comes to sound engineering but very keen to learn.

Tim

Hi all,

After many hours of deliberation and educating myself on things I should probably already learnt years ago, my Kemper Stage is arriving tomorrow morning and I can’t wait :D

Great to see a vibrant, helpful community alive and kicking on this forum so looking forward to being part of it.

I’ve already got questions to ask and lessons to learn but will do so on the appropriate threads.

Thanks all!

Tim