Posts by ruinage

For what it's worth, I had a collection of Fenders, Marshalls, Voxes, etc. from decades of playing. I owned the Kemper for a week, then sold every one of them. That was a couple of years ago, and I still don't miss them at all (or the maintenance, or the lugging them around, or the inconsistencies of miking them up). This is the single most gratifying piece of gear I've bought since 1973.

That is quite an endorsement. I was very much attracted to that aspect of the Kemper, too. I would never be able to afford more than one amp in my life anyway, but if I could, I really probably wouldn't want to deal with all of that vs the beautiful simplicity of the Kemper.

Another example is that I use one of my favorite profiles and create 9 mores copies of it inside Kemper with varying degrees of Gain, EQ, and Effects. Those 10 profiles cover Clean, Crunch, and Distorted sounds, and you can make each one sound uniquely different from each other - all from a single profile. It's better than owning the amp itself IMO. And I'm not even talking about the vast amount of sounds you get adding stomps and effects!

I hope that helps.

This actually sounds close enough to what I was initially wanting to do. Honestly it sounds more than enough.

I'm simply getting excited now, I'm all in.

Thank you again.

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the clarification there, that is exactly what I was unsure about - whether or not the amps were captured 'as a whole' or 'as is at the time'. Now I understand!

But even understanding that it doesn't do exactly what I was curious about, each of you made me want to get one regardless. So thank you very much for your responses, I sincerely appreciate you all taking the time.

"My favorite way to practice is to go out in stereo thru my monitors and have the Kab behind me. It kind of mimics the sound and feel of being on stage - even if you have to play at low levels at home."

Yes please! :D

By the title I mean... I know you can get profiles that include pedals, cabs and so on.

But can you get profiles that are just amps?

I just want to "own" any amps I want (for example a 5150iii, a dual rec etc etc), and have them act as a "Base" on the Kemper, just like owning the real thing, and I can switch through them at will... and then I can tweak the settings, just like the real thing, and add my own pedals/cab/etc on top of that?

tldr: I want to recreate the experience of owning any 'real' amp I want, via the Kemper. I hope that make sense. Will Kemper allow me to do this? Or should I stick with plugins?

edit: oh also, curently my guitar goes into an audio interface and outputs through 2 studio monitors. should I get a physical kemper cab as well, if I want to recreate the true feeling of playing electric guitar? or will my monitors do?

Thanks so much for any help! Got some cash at the moment and this is a once in a lifetime purchase, at the moment :D