Posts by hiflyerint

Yeah that's a cool pedal. I run one in front of my Kemper Stage

That all makes sense. It wasn't specific to the Kemper, but it's great that there are settings like amp compression and clarity that sound like they will get what I want.

I never owned a compressor before as I thought they were mainly for clean sounds, and rarely use those, so going to research and try out compressor settings over the weekend.

Before the Kemper I'd have to go out and buy a compressor, and have 17 tabs open with "best compressor on a budget" google searches - tonight I can just load rig manager and demo them after a few clicks!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate the advice.

I run a Boss CP-1X pedal before the Kemper input, amazing pedal and just seems to make everything sound better. It would be cool if Kemper could incorporate some kind of multi-band compressor for even more control.

I've had some success with running pink/white noise into my Stage unit then measuring the output with a dB meter, gets me pretty close. It might be helpful if the Kemper had a built-in noise generator with a few weighted options.

I use two Dunlop's DVP4 Volume (X) Mini Pedals. I use one as an expression for the Kemper and I plug my guitar in to the other one for a volume pedal, in which I connect the AUX out to a TC PolyTune tuner that I set for always on mode.

Yep it happened again. I'm running whatever the latest Beta version is. This occurred when switching back and fourth between rigs in a Performance. Some of the rigs has an Effects mono loop in the X-slot and some do not. I think maybe it could be a bug concerning the effects loop setting but who knows? Either way, Input LED did not indicate signal and Input source was correct. Ultimately had to cycle power then everything was ok, pretty much the condition as before..

I think you've got the right approach there. The original is extremely complex, with the guitarists doing different bends.

OP - There are some really wide bends that are a real feature, so I'd make sure you find a way to do some of that.

Yep for sure! Those crazy bends is what makes it really fun to play. I’ve toyed with the ideal of recording the low part on my looper and playing the high part along with it, but I just feel that would be cheating lol

It's really impossible to re-create with one guitar but it's one of my favorites to play. I use a mid-gain profile with a small amount of chorus and delay (300ms). For the harmony I apply a harmonic pitch stomp set at -3rd in the key of E (dbm) and play the high part. It's enough to get by and always a crowd pleaser!

USB memory sticks can have issues once in a while and work on one device while not being recognized by another.

I would try with another USB memory stick anyhow.

If none of those work I would check, if a contact in the USB socket got twisted.

Upon internal inspection, I discovered that the small metal back piece to the USB connector had become loose and was rolling around in the chassis. I snapped it back in place and inspected the connector pins. I guess one the pins could not be making contact, idk. The unit still does not sense a USB stick. I'd rather just replace the connector than attempting to repair it. Could you send me one? Also, while I was in there I replaced the +3V lithium battery with a reputable brand battery, which cured the Date/Time issue.