Posts by WorldOfAmps

+ 1 for built-in metronome. And for all of guys that are saying about hooking up 3rd party device. This is like with all other things in the world. If there is no possibility to pay by apple pay on a store with one click it is not worth it, I close it after 1 second. If the registration process on a site takes more than 2 clicks - it is terrible UX site, closing after 1 second, why to even bother? If I need to turn on the kemper, setup 3rd party or something more, than practice - I won't practice, I have all the time plugged guitar into the kemper, because if not I would not practice - who bothers to plug the cable all the times before practice and do other setup stuff. It is like pumping car wheels before every ride - crazy thing. So, grabbing guitar, switching kemper button to browser/perform, then 3rd click to turn on metronome would be my dream scenario to practice, especially that i have sometimes 30 minutes to practice (including setup) and need to have full focus on that.

Can you tell us more background and how the profiles are made? Who is "we"?

Without some more info people will think you capture your amps in your kitchen-living room at bedroom levels and use tiny desktop speakers as reference monitors ?

The profiles were made in the studio of course, "we" is me and my partner who helps me, we used SM57 and Cascade fathead microphones. There is no amp in the room because amps are in the studio, it was far more convenient for me to record a demo at the home for the sake of saving time. Besides that profiles sounds as they sound, I can't hide anything, there is only small reverb added on the demo and as you can see there is no EQ added - just raw profiles recorded with a simple Scarlett interface without any EQ also - no postproduction on the computer also - you take profile and it sounds exactly the same as on the demo which you can check by downloading free samples. Just download, check it and you like it or not, the rest should doesn't matter, sound satisfaction is most important.

Cheers!

Thanks for the answers, it's not that I thought that it takes maximum power all the time, I see in the spec that max is 1100 nad "nominal" I 700 I didn't know how to interpret nominal, so translating to a Cars I interpreted it like this, max is 110mph and nominal is 70mph, but let's say that I am not 70mph but rather 50mph in the city, it would be still 500W so in that line of thinking 80-90W is less than 1/10 of max power. My worries maybe come from the that I have never tried to get it as loud as possible to have a reference point of capabilities ;) Should have checked this earlier -> https://usa.yamaha.com/product…o/speakers/dxr/specs.html

1. The actual power consumption of the Yamaha DXR10 is more along the lines of 80-100W (which is pretty loud already) or less.

2. If you run your DXR10 at 700W power consumption for 2h per day, you'll be almost deaf within a week.

3. Buying monitors with 40W max. power output won't make you happy. You really want to have a bit of headroom. And since I haven't mentioned it yet ... The max. power rating doesn't mean that they actually use it all the time. Buy a wattmeter so you can see it with your own eyes. You'll be surprised how little they actually use. ;)

Yeah.. i suppose that it does not take 1100W of max power of dxr10 but rather nominal 700W, i have no idea how much it can take at "living room" sound, if it's about 80-100 or less, that's super cool, wattmeter can be an option to check it out, i'll check it and leave here a comment if someone will look for power consumption at particular level.

Hi!

I know that this topic was discussed but not exactly with the same requirements/manner.

I have Yamaha DXR10 which sounds super cool but I love to have some monitors for home low-level volume playing because Yamaha takes ~700W which translates to let's say only 2h per day playing/practicing costs more than 10$ per month taking into account current energy prices, which is insane!! It's not ecological nor financially viable.

I wish to have 2 monitors which together will take max 80W, less power they will take but still be able to sound good on low-volume - better. I will play 90% of the time at low-level volume - if I wish to have loud sound I can just switch to Yamaha DXR10.

Do you have any recommendations for such a case?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I know that this topic was discussed but not exactly with the same requirements/manner.

I have Yamaha DXR10 which sounds super cool but I love to have some monitors for home low-level volume playing because Yamaha takes ~700W which translates to let's say only 2h per day playing/practicing costs more than 10$ per month taking into account current energy prices, which is insane!! It's not ecological nor financially viable.

I wish to have 2 monitors which together will take max 80W, less power they will take but still be able to sound good on low-volume - better. I will play 90% of the time at low-level volume - if I wish to have loud sound I can just switch to Yamaha DXR10.

Do you have any recommendations for such a case?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

We launched our second profile pack of Fender Champion 600 amp!

Profiles are available here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We have some free profiles there, you can find a link to it in the youtube video or on the product site.

We will be releasing new profiles soon.

Cheers!:)

Hello!

We launched our first profile pack of Mesa Lone Star amp!

Profiles are available here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We have some free profiles there, you can find a link to it in the youtube video or on the product site.

We will be releasing new profiles soon.

Cheers!:)