Posts by Guitar Flow

For me it would be two things:

- A Kemper Software (Mac & Windows) Standalone and as VST3 Plugin for any DAW - so that you only need your PC interface for recording

- A new Kemper Floorboard with Power Amp and all the features from HELIX and AxeFX. Mostly more Stomp Sections and the abillity to have mixed cab simulations for individual tones.

Then they could go the extra mile and include:

- A Feedbacker (like the DigiTech FreqOut)

- Sweetend Tunings (see Ed.Van Halen)

- Compatibillity with Neural Amp Modeller

- A specific Kemper Audio Driver and Audio Codec

- A Graphic Audio EQ where you can Compare 1:1 what the "Real Amp in the Room" Freq. Curve is to compare and experiment

Hey man,

Excatly the same issue I'm facing!
    I really do not know how the Software Guys at Kemper think it is supposed to work.

I want to copy rigs from my library to my performance slot and it says i should switch to performance mode, which I'm already in!
    Next thing:
    I browse through some rigs and double click to play them. All of a sudden a different performance is dialed an overwritten!
    If I click to a different performance the programm suddenly shuts down...

It's really frustrating.
    Although I really love the Kemper I can't stand the rig manager. It's not very intuitive. Why does one have to switch between performance and browser mode?!
    I want a seamless editor which only overwrites any changes if I press "save".

Hey guys,

Am I missing something or is there no option to save / overwrite any changes on an existing performance?

The only thing I can is:

- save the rig into mthe local library (PC)
    - save the rig --> which saves the rig as a new rig on my profiler library

With the save button on the kemper this works. But how do I do this in rig manager?

Hey guys,

I've read some posts regarding this topic but somehow the answer is still not clear to me:

When I'm in RM and I copy a rig into a performance slot - How can I save the changes that I make --> JUST FOR THE PERFORMANCE SLOT?

The button a the right bottom is "Store rig in profiler". However if I save it that way the rig will be saved in the browser mode among all other rigs. ||

I just want the changes made to the performance slot saved.

Is this not possible? Is my approach wrong?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Similar topic but not quite answered to me:

Store Performance not working in Rig Manager 3.0

Thank you so much guys!
    Correct. I found that passage in the manual lately.

To be honest, I don't go over the first to indicators of my volume knob on the tube amp. So as you said @Wheresthedug this should not be a huge issue right?

Nevertheless I would like to build my own cabinet in the style of the Marshall 1960 cabs.
    I'll buy the Kemper Kones but I'm not sure which Transistor amp to use.

Do you have any recommendations or experiences with good transistor amps for this reason. I shoot for 100W.

There is one stomp I use actually right before my kemper input.

The Schaffer Replica.

It works perfectly to get the real AC/DC Sound. Although there is some noise going on it still feels like using it with an amp.
    For all other Rigs I turn it out because it has true bypass.

Hey guys,

I have a KEMPER (not a power head) that I use to go into clean input via monitor out on my 100W tube amp from Peavy.

About the output of the Peavy I then also go a 1960A Marshall Cab with Greenbacks.

As described in the manual, this should be no problem as long as I turn off the Real Cab. Simulation off. I have also done that.

Now the question arises:

How far does the Peavy Head influences my sound?

I mean the cab influence is obvious and ok. But the Tube Amp?

In the end, only the signal from the Kemper must be amplified. Are tubes possibly even disadvantageous?

The tube amplifier alters the sound of the Kemper Signal afterwards in addition.

Comparing the sound only with the headphone signal can't be the solution, because the cab sound is different anyway.

Do any of you have experience with this?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Equipboard is a good tip.

You're right. Probably the best idea is to look the the sound with my rig sounds pleasing to my ears. I'm not sure on how much the studio sound is altered compared to the "real" setup.

Hey Guys,

I play guitar for several years now. But I never really got all the knowhow about Guitar Rigs - especially Amps and Cabs.

Now, since I own a KEMPER I would like to emulate the sound I know from famous guitar idols.

I would like to know if anybody has an overview of all Amps, Cabs and used Rigs by bands. An overview that shows:

- All Amps out there on the market

- Which guitarist uses which kind of setup (Amp, Cab, FX, Guitar)

- Which kind of Amp is destinated for which kind of genre?

While the whole Library of Rigs is orginazed by amp names, I just would like to know what I can expect if I choose a specific amp.

I did not find to much information on this via google.

Many thanks in advance.