Posts by Erikcb

Sorry, i can't help with the question, i'm not that informed about it, i just mixed up some tutorials until it worked, i feed mine via USB, but if you find out if it's safe or not i would love to know how so i could do it myself :D

About the second question, i see you figured it out, but ye, it's doable, i don't use NRPN tho, not for anything in particular, i just didn't understand how it works and the simple MIDI CCs work for me.

Here you have the Profiler MIDI Documentation so you can check what else you can do.

Yea as i said i had to mix some different tutorials/posts, not all of them Kemper related.

Here is the main tutorial i used, it's in spanish (i'm from Spain) but it's pretty simple and you can always just translate the web ^^

Not fully sure that doable, but if you're a bit handy you could use an arduino and a few components to make a MIDI footswitch, so you'd use a MIDI cable to the kemper and then you could use the front USB to power up the arduino, that's what i'm currently using.

I made one with 11 buttons (4 effects, 4 banks, performance/bank up, performance/bank down and tuner), here you can see the schematic and some simple code:

All you need is the arduino, a breadboard, some 2 pins SPST momentary switches, some resistors, cables and the 5 pin MIDI DIN socket.

And a case of course, i made one with some cheap thin MDF. It might not be the best looking, but it was a fun project and works perfectly.

This is a simple midi pedal, it doesn't allow MIDI in (for tuner and so) it only sends MIDI to the KPA.

You can also configure the buttons to do other stuff (toggle all stomps, tempo tap, hold delay, infinite delay, ect) you can google Profiler MIDI Parameter Documentation to see all the options.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, i've been using my kemper with a homemade midi controller (using an arduino), but recently i got a FCB1010 with the uno4kemper chip.
    I have no complains, works like a charm, and it's way more than i need.

The only problem is that the "box" (i don't know the name) that has the power transformer does a high frequency whistle when it's connected, and it's really annoying (i'm a bedroom guitarrist).
    It's the same "box" that has the midi and the ethercon connectors, if it was only a psu i would just have gotten a new one.

Of course i tried on another plugs, using another cables, etc. It makes the noise even if the midi and ethernet cables are not connected, it starts whistling as soon as it gets powered.
    Any idea on how to get rid of that whistling?

I thought on gettin another psu (i don't know what's the FCB required voltage, i read it's 10V but not 100% sure), but i dont have any idea if i can power the FCB1010 with one psu and not connecting the box (idk if the midi connection will work if the box is not powered)

Hope i made everything clear, it's the first time i'm using a device like this box and i don't know how to do it.
    Thanks in advance!

I managed to make it work by changing the "INPUT_PULLUP" for "HIGH"

But only for recording, not for stopping :D:D:D

Code
    MIDI.sendControlChange(99, 125, 0); // this will set MBS of parameter (on Kemper it is address page)
    MIDI.sendControlChange(98, 89, 0); // this will set LBS of parameter (on Kemper it is address number)
    MIDI.sendControlChange(6, 0, 1); // this will set MBS of parameter value (first 7 bits of 14-bit value)
    MIDI.sendControlChange(38, 1, 0); // this will set LBS of parameter value (last 7 bits of 14-bit value)

This should make it stop, right?

Don't worry, it's not like i'm in a hurry really.
    For some reason iIt doesn't work for me at all, do i need to declare something somewhere or smth?
    I'll post my full code (but simplified with only one button).

This should be working, am i right?

Thanks!

Seems like i can't make it work ?(?( i tried switching those values to: Rec/Play/Overdub: CC#99 V125, CC#98 V88, CC#06 V0, CC#38 V1 (on press), V0 (on release) like this:

But i must be doing something wrong, idk :S

Sure, this is the code i'm using right now for one button, i made it this way cause i didn't found any other way to make it enable/disable stomps and effects. (this is just 1 button, i have 11 on my controller).

There are obviously more things in the code (constants, libraries and so), but i guess this is what you need. Ty! :)

So, can i just add the NRPN command after the MIDI.sendControlChange??

Or do i have to re do my entire code?
    As i said i have no idea how it works hahaha

Is it possible to use SPST switches to control the Kemper looper via Regular Midi CC commands??
    I know i can use NRPN commands, but i have no idea how those work, i made my own midi controller via Midi CC, which is working good, but i have no idea how to make it use NRPN commands.
    I know i can also use the SPST with a stereo cable to the pedal input, but i'd like to implement that in my DIY controller.
    Thanks in advance!

I love this idea, I have an Arduino that I've not got around to using yet but also have multiple Raspberry Pis, and a whole load of electronics parts left over from a book-based course and an amp build. I've never thought of controlling MIDI through something like this but will definitely give it a go now! Where did you get the initial design if I may ask?

Sorry for taking that much time in answering, i've been busy.

Actually it's simpler than it could look, all you need is some momentary switches (i used SPST, 2 pins each one), some resistors (common ones, easy to find), cables, a 5-pin DIN female socket and the arduino, ofc.

This is the link where i got the schematic from:

MIDI Controller Schematic

For the "box", i just made one myself with some wood i had over there, it's not beautiful, but it's totally functional.
    I set up mine with 11 buttons. Right now i use 4 for effects, 4 for performance slots, 1 for tuner, and 2 to change between performances (up and down). But it's fully customizable, so you can add as many buttons as you want, and use the MIDI chart to setup them as you wish.

No way, i can't believe i'm that dumb... :D:D
    I had to use that baud rate for using it via USB.

It seems it is starting to work now!!
    Now i just have to figure out wich CC does what xD

Thank you so much!

Hello, i'm trying to use a Midi controller (i built it) with my Kemper, but i can't make it to work.

I tried several codes and nothing seemed to work.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, the controller works fine on PC via USB, but does nothing when i connect it to the kemper via MIDI.

This is (more or less, i'm using more buttons) the schematic of my controller.

As i said, it works like a charm via USB, and i tried several codes to make it work via midi and nothing worked, nor ControlChanges not ProgramChanges.

I'm not a programmer, so i have no idea what i'm doing wrong.

I'm thinking on trying this Kemper Profiler Arduino Library and DIY Kemper Remote, but i'm not sure if that's what i need.

This is the last code i tried (simple, 2 buttons).

Hope any of you can help me make it work.

Thanks!