Posts by lbieber

First, I always float the bridge. Second, it depends on the type of bridge(6 screws or 2 post for Fenders). I use 3 springs on 6 screw trems whether 0.09. 0.095, 0.010. The 6 screw trem is a different animal than the 2 point and is much stiffer no matter how you set it up. I use 2 springs on a 2 point trem to get into Jeff Beck controlled pitch with bar territory. One potential issue with the Beck-like setup is that even medium strength plucking will cause the gently floating bridge to momentarily vibrate out of tune. I believe it is why Beck picked so lightly, especially since he switched over. The light picking aspect has a nice side effect in that I generally want a hotter amp which allows for a larger clean to mean range with the volume knob and plucking technique. Also you can get chorusy effects out of the lightly floating bridge based on how hard you pluck. Check out Blanket from Live at Ronnie Scott's.

This is quite a funny thread. Dyno - you would be a talented digital designer of negative logic. ;)

I would be appalled, horrified, and sick to my stomach if the tuner displayed E when I tuned to D#!!! <X

Perhaps it's a language problem? By definition, a request is asking for something. We don't get everything we ask for in life or in Kemperland. For me, Kemper has been very responsive and willing to include significant upgrades at no additional cost.

Just don't buy at those prices...

And yes, the USA is a victim of the same circumstances as the rest of the world. Energy prices, Putin, Covid, in general. Trump admin did reduce regs that caused overproduction and a glut on the market which caused oil prices to fall. Also, Covid reduce demand making the glut worse. This created a situation in which is was no longer profitable to pull oil out of the ground so many exited the business. Now we are all impacted.

the Kabinet can run as either a “guitar cab’’ using the various speaker imprints OR as a full range monitor with studio profiles.

The imprints option is cool if you want to have an “amp in the room type sound but want to use a speaker similar to the PA. For example, run a Marshall JMP rig through the 25w Greenback imprint but switch to a Vox rig next with an alnico blue imprint then a Fender twin with a Jensen imprint.

personally Imjust run mine in full range mode most of the time because I want to hear what the PA is getting but its kind of cool to play around with the imprints too every now and then.

Thanks for clarifying what the Kabinet does. In my way of thinking, the Kabinet does not bring much. I think I would tend to use it as FRFR and use the cabs in the Kemper because those would also feed the PA and I would avoid the coloration differences between the two.

I tried guitar cabs and don't like the fact that the tone is very different between the cab and PA. I am using a good PA type monitor and that resolved the tone difference issue. I want my rigs to be consistent and I want to hear what the audience hears.

I haven't tried a Kabinet, but am curious how it solved your issue. I understand that the Kabinet is design to address the amp in the room problem that some have, but doesn't it create the tone difference between cabinet and PA that is the problem in the first place? Doesn't the Kabinet color the sound like any other guitar cab, but with the ability to choose different imprints which only creates different coloration differences between the Kabinet and PA?

For not too much money you can buy a battery backup for computers so if somebody unplugs you/ venue blows a fuse etc. You won't have to reboot when they plug you back in. They also provide surge/spike protection.

Sure, but power is not the reason for the reboot. My experience has been related to the Kemper output going silent. The only solution has been a manual reboot.

LOL this is the concept of linking drawings as I mentioned above. Both cases are valid and could be made available for the user to choose. It seems there is a bit of an over reaction to having a simple choice. If you don't like one of them, then don't use it.

Of course, it doesn't matter at this point since there is no choice available.

Another possibility would be to have a rig connection between browser and performance mode. if the rig is edited in browser, it is also edited where it happens to be placed in performance mode. could even be a option when clicking 'store' , to have a button 'update linked rigs'

This is similar to the common problem of text editors and whether one copies graphics into a document or links to them. Most text editors have addressed this by allowing both and the user determines which method to use. Both are valid use cases.

I'm not a betting man, but I would bet that Kemper's document control group links graphics rather than copying them.