Posts by wildgrass

hello forum

I am using kemper stage and motu ultra light mk5.

I put the main out on the master stereo. It was used by setting the volume to 0.0db and adjusting the volume on the audio interface.

Then I tried spdif.

Connect the spdif out to the master stereo.

Even with both spdif and main out set to -0.0db, spdif has a lot more volume.

Is there a difference between the original kemper xlr out level and the spdif out level?

Or is there a difference between accepting xlr and spdif inputs on the audio interface?

First of all, please understand the use of Google Translator.

Hello I want to connect kemper to stereo with spdif while also getting di channel.

I bought motu ultralight mk5 this time and here spdif is supported so I want to use it.

At this time, if you want to input the stereo sound of the camper, connect it as shown in the picture.

Since spdif itself is a stereo signal, I know that one line can solve it.

However, I wanted to secure a di channel when recording.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So, if you refer to the corresponding YouTube video,

By connecting spdif in and out, you can see that spdif channel 1 inputs di and 2 inputs camper sound through daw.

However, when connected like this, since all channels are mono, it seems impossible to use stereo sound such as ping-pong delay.

Then, assuming that spdif is used as stereo, di channel is secured, and even reamping is performed, should I connect it like the picture?

When reamping, do I have to re-amplify the sound that goes into the line in to the di channel, send the sound to the camper through spdif out, and re-amplify it in the camper?

Is there a more efficient reamping method or cable connection method that I am not aware of?

I'm using spdif for the first time, so I don't quite understand this part, so I'm asking for advice.

1. Connect the camper with spdif to see if the camper source and di channel can only be mono

2. If you want to use spdif in stereo, do you need to use lineout for di channel?

I hope you are always safe and healthy.

First of all, please understand that we are using a translator.

I am using campus stage and id14mk2 of Audient and eris e5 as monitor speaker.

Although id14mk2 is also a good audio interface. The only downside is that it only has 2 inputs.

So when I connect the camper to stereo there is no input.

The id14 also has an optical input, but I don't plan on using a converter, so it's actually a 2in 4out.

Many people say that when recording, use at least three channels, two of which receive the sound of the camper in stereo.

The other channel was to use the DI channel to receive direct sound and use it for reamping later. (If it's a mono sound, two is possible, but...)

Right now, I'm not doing any professional recording or music work, but I'm thinking about doing something better.

If I want to go to an audio interface that supports sdpif, I need to upgrade to an audio interface that costs at least 750,000 Korean won (about 750 dollars), but in this case, my monitor speaker does not seem to be able to properly express the sound of the audio interface (with kemper). I'm worried.

In fact, many experts have heard a lot of talk about investing a lot in output devices such as speakers and earphones in order to improve the sound quality.

If so, I'd rather buy a Motu m4 that supports 4in and connect the camper stereo to the two line inputs on the rear, one channel on the front to the microphone, and one channel to connect the camper's di-out.

Or is it better to buy a converter and connect the camper's sdpif to id14? But in this case, I'm a little concerned about the sound problem or noise depending on the converter's performance.

Which of these judgments is the most reasonable?

I don't have a lot of money T.T... There are many things I want to buy, and that makes me more troubled.

Thank you for your help. Camper forum communication is always very helpful to me.

Wishing everyone reading this healthy and safe.

Import the IR to "All Presets/Local Library", or to a new subfolder in that Directory. After you have done that, you can add it to a Kemper Rig or Performance Slot Cabinet Module.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Yes, this is how it should work but I have just tested it and my RM crashes every time I try.

oh...kay... I tried various methods, but it didn't work, so I deleted the rig manager and installed a new one.

I reinstalled it with 3.2.48 instead of beta 3.2.53 and restored it,

and I confirmed that the IR was put in the folder of the local library with a simple drag and drop.

It's probably a beta issue. If the official version of the rig manager is released, it seems to be installed at that time. hahaha...

Thanks for all the help that took the time to reply for me.

I hope you are safe and healthy.

On the left side menu you can see an All rigs section with sub forlders for Local Library etc. Below this there is an All Presets section with Local Library and sub folders. Below this All Performances etc.

Highlight All Presets and drag to the main centre section.

Sorry, I think my explanation is wrong. I think your story is to follow the blue line and put it in the rig's cabinet

I want to put the files in all presets -> local library.

However, if I drag the file, the loading does not end.

Any advice on this right?

drag and drop into the presets section rather than main local library

Sorry I didn't understand your story correctly.

You said to do drag and drop from the presets section instead of from the local library,

so you mean to load it directly from the rig into the cabinet?

I'm not sure exactly where the preset section in the rig manager is referring to.

I want to put it in a local library and take it out when I need it, but is that impossible?

Hello I am using kemper stage and rig manager is using version 3.2.53.

Previously, obviously, you could drag and drop the IR file to the rig manager's local library or put the file with file-import ir.

Suddenly it doesn't work.

If you drag and drop the file, the loading indicator appears while rotating next to it, but the file is not inserted.

The rig manager is still in beta, so I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong.

I tried to use the ir files from the camper preset just in case, but the ir is not inserted except for the display that rotates from the side.

I am wondering if there is any solution.

hello are you having a good day

I'm thinking of connecting my kemper to the boss loop station

I want to use the drum machine function of Loop Station as well.

The front end of the kemper, so if you put a looper on the input, the drum machine also eats the effector, making a weird sound.

Even if I try to put it on the output of the kemper, I can't use it because I use the xlr jack.

In this case, is it best to put it in the camper's sand-return and use the fx loop to put it at the back of the effect chain?

Thank you for your help.

Yes. Stock supply is a big issue in the US too. All this COVID mess has everything backed up. You may be limited to what you can get right away.

And welcome to the forums!

Id14, I suppose you are talking about Audient ID14? This interface is fine and there won't be any "degradation of sound quality" or noise whether you use the preamps or a converter to go SPDIF. I wouldn't worry about changing interface if you have an ID14 because nothing in it's price range (and quite a bit above) will make your sound any better. Save your money.

Thanks for your replies. Hope you are healthy and safe

Motu has a nice one with SPDIF for about $595US - Motu MK5 Ultralite. The reviews are outstanding on it. I might upgrade my M4 for it.

Then you have the Focusrite 18i8. The 4i4 does not come with SPDIF. The Behringer U-Phoria might be a nice one.

I also heard about the Motu MK5 Ultralite. At first, I wanted to purchase this model, but now I know that the mk5 cannot be imported in Korea, and it will be possible to import it domestically until next year. Most companies don't have stock either.

When I inquired at the shop I used, they wanted to recommend the mk5, but they said it was out of stock and that it would be almost impossible to get it in Korea now.

He said that the best model of the audio interface available now is the id14mk2.

So it's even more worrisome.

First of all, I hope you understand that I am using a translator because I am not good at English.

I bought a kemper stage this time. Fantastic sound and convenience, everything is satisfactory.

As a result, the id4mk2 audio interface I used started to be unsatisfactory.

So I'm thinking about an audio interface that costs about $500 (500,000 Korean won)

The first thing I thought of was id14mk2. I am satisfied with the great performance and convenience I felt in id4. If you send the camper sound in stereo and connect the camper's di to the ts terminal on the front, it seems to be possible to secure the di channel as well.

However, the unfortunate thing is that there is no preamp bypass function, so the sound of the kemper has to go through the preamp once more,

In the case of id14mk2, it is not possible to use sdpif directly because it is an optical terminal.

(In the case of using a converter, I heard problems with sound quality or noise)

The next thing I thought of was the id22, which can be obtained cheaply second-hand, performance, and a send-return jack to bypass the mic preamp and have a di channel.

However, it is not clear how much the sound quality will increase when the kemper is input as a return, and it is difficult to obtain information because it seems that no one is using the camper with the return of id22.

(I wonder if there will be a rise in sound quality enough to feel it)

But when I think about it, the place where I can hear my guitar sound other than the guitar recording is my church, and I am worried that there is no big difference from using a mic pre because it eventually enters the pa through the stage box.

(If there is an expert, I will convert the guitar sound to a line, but unfortunately there is no such expert because it is a small church)

Black Lion's Revolution was also considered, but there were many criticisms about its performance, so it was excluded.

In the case of Scarlett 2i2, there is sdpif, but I excluded it due to performance issues because I record vocals and acoustic guitars in addition to guitar recording.

Most of the models higher than this cost $700 or more, so it is difficult to purchase with my wallet.

If there is an audio interface that goes well with the camper, which can be purchased for less than $500, please recommend it.

Thanks for the help and your advice will save my troubles.