Posts by michi333

When I recently woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep, I suddenly had a brainwave! I tried this early in the morning and it's embarrassing that I didn't think of it before:

the right output of the Kemper goes directly into my audio interface as usual. The left output of the Kemper goes into the mono-in of the Mimiq Doubler and from there I go with the left output of the Mimiq (ie only the effected signal) into the interface!

It actually sounds almost the same as it used to when I played over two amps in the past.

In those days the Mimiq was always on. This of course slightly changed the character of the delay if I turned it on. But it was also kind of cool, there was something three dimensional about it...I thought then I could bypass the Mimiq with my G-Lab MIDI looper once I select a rig with a delay.

But unfortunately I had a slight crackling in the signal again as soon as I switched from a delay rig back to a rig with the Mimiq in the output.

I probably won't use it to play live, but it's fun for rehearsals!

I've tried your settings now and as I expected, I have no ping-pong delay (when I connect the Mimiq behind the mainouts ).

Turning the Dry and Effect down (let's say 12 o'clock) just makes it quieter, but it stays mono with a DoubleTrack Effect.

If I now turn down the effect signal on Dubs 1, then I have the dry "mono-ping-pong" on the right side.

If I turn the effect signal up and turn the dry signal all the way down, I have the effected "mono-ping-pong" on the left side.

If I set dubs to 2, the dry signal all the way down, I have the effected "mono-ping-pong" on both sides. If I turn Dry up and Effect down, I have the "mono-ping-pong" in the middle.

You can hear that very clearly on my recording: the Mimiq turns my stereo signal into a mono signal and simply adds the doubler effect.

with the crackling in the FX loop:

if I pull down dry, then of course I only have the doubler signal on the left side. That's not the effect I'd like to have.

....You do have the Stereo Mimiq with L and R input/outputs? ....

Yes, it's the stereo Mimiq.

In the past I used to have the Mimiq on my pedalboard and ran it in front of two amps (or later two Nux Solid Studio IR & Pow Amp Sim).

With the guitar I went mono into the Mimiq, stereo into the delay and from there into the amps.

The delay sound was changed slightly because I went in with a stereo signal, but it also had something "three-dimensional" about it, which was kind of funny.

Because I wasn't quite sure right now, I made a short video:

As you can see, in the first part of the video, the Mimiq hangs in stereo on the main outs of the Kemper and it goes stereo to the audio interface.

I used a simple ping-pong delay as a preset. If I turn on the Mimiq, it seems to internally convert it to mono and then adds the doubler effect. But that's no longer a ping-pong.

If I connect the Mimiq to the FX loop, I have the FX like I used to have with two amps, but I have an unpleasant crackling sound when switching between two identical rigs. If I turn the Rig-X-Fade Time up to 10 ms, the crackling disappears almost completely, but the Rig becomes quieter for a short time, almost like the Kemper DoubleTracker. I was in contact with the Kemper support last year, but they could not reproduce the behavior. Even connecting an isolating transformer between the FX loop and the Mimiq was unsuccessful.

It would have been nice to have this feature, but it's not a total bad thing to not being able to use the DoubleTracker.

Therefore the Kemper offers enough other advantages.

Yes, but the Mimiq does something weird with the stereo signal:
    when I (at least on my device) go into the Mimiq with a stereo delay,
    it seems to internally convert it to mono and then apply the doubler effect.
    So the delay sounds completely different than if I first went into the Mimiq and then into the delay.

For yesterday's rehearsal I copied all my performances and removed the DoubleTracker there.

Instead, I added a subtle reverb to any rig that was previously dry.

I was excited because switching between rigs feels so much better now. No more dorpouts and I no longer feel like I switched rigs at the wrong time. Of course it was a lot of fun to hear the guitar with the DT like a wall on both sides and it definitely cleaned up the sound when rehearsing via in-ears, but the playing feel is now much better without this FX.

The DoubleTracker is now disappearing from my rigs again.

It's a shame that the Mimiq doubler made such a noticeable cracking noise in my FX loop, otherwise that would have been an option.

So I tried the Double Tracker again with the latest operating system 8.6.6

and I still have the problem of volume dropouts described by me and many other users.

For testing purposes I switched off all effects, amps and cabinets, i.e. only the DTRK .... copied the rig and when switching between the rigs

(in the same performance well-tempered) the dropouts can still be heard clearly.

When rehearsing via in-ears, the DTRK is of course kind of fun if you panned the guitar to the left and right

and so it makes some space for the vocals.

My fellow musicians only noticed the dropouts after I asked them about it.

That doesn't sound totally dramatic in the band structure either ... more like ... oh shit, you missed the job again

(as if you hadn't switched the rig at the right moment).

That annoys me a bit and I would probably not want to use it live ... if I imagine that other musicians may be present who are perhaps even more meticulous than me and who notice it immediately, it could be embarrassing .

Regrettable somehow, could have been a really good effect ... but not useful for live, maybe still acceptable when rehearsing and in the studio I would prefer to play a second guitar anyway.

But maybe something will change next year.

With that in mind, have a great start to 2022 everyone and stay (or get) healthy!

After all, this is a beta, so I don't want to jump the gun and say it doesn't work, when it is entirely possible this is something that the company has already taken stock of and is working to rectify.

Absolutely! I totally like the FX too and hope Kemper will fix that.

Actually, I just wanted to hear if others have the problem too, or whether it is due to my Kemper Stage.

In the example I posted before, I changed the rig after every attack, as this was the most dramatic problem to me.

I have now run a sine tone through the Kemper in order to have an even tone without an attack.

Here's an example where I was switching the rig that I had copied before.

The rig is without the amp and the cab section, just the DTRK.

I really couldn't get the pulsating sound with the sine tone. However, the DTRK makes a "moving sound", that keeps moving from right to left.

Then I rotated the panorama once to the left and once to the right in the rig menu of the Kemper.

You can hear an increase and decrease of the sine tone.

Perhaps it is intentional or impossible to do otherwise. When changing rigs, however, I found it extremely annoying.

I´ve also tested the Doubletracker. Basically it comes very close to the Mimiq, but I also have this "pulsating" sound (the right side gets quieter from time to time).

I also noticed that when you change rigs there is a strong pulsation, as if you were playing over a leslie-box for a few seconds. I copied the default crunch rig and switched it back and forth. The DTRK was in default mode (looseness 5.0, stereo 100%, detune 0.0 cent).

Thanks for the tips. The problem is not that I don't have a good sound with the Mimiq Doubler. I would always prefer to play another guitar in the studio, it's only about live or in the rehearsal room, as I'm the only guitarist in the band.

I use the Mimiq in the stereo FX loop. This is placed in front of the delay and reverb modules. The sound is great, the only problem I have when switching between rigs is that a short crackle occurs.
    If you look at the recorded waveform in the DAW you can see that the delayed signal causes a sound dropout for a few milliseconds. I am a little surprised that no one else knows the problem.

I ran through several scenarios to rule out errors:
    -installed the latest firmware on both devices
    -exchanged cables
    -copied the default crunch rig with the Mimiq in the FX loop and switched back and forth
    -placed the FX loop in the delay module (keyword spillover - but has no effect here)
    -tried lower and upper FX loop
    -hung the Mimiq on the main-outs of the Kemper. The Mimiq places the original signal on the right side and
    the doubled signal to the left. If you go stereo in the Mimiq, it simply puts the stereo sum on the right side (is thus summarized) and duplicated it on the left side. The whole thing then sounds somehow like stereo, a ping-pong delay, for example, which previously alternately moves from left to right, only sounds "mono".
    - I wrote to temper support, it could have something to do with an improper impedance of the Mimiq doubler. Can not do anything.

I was finally able to reduce the sound dropout (or crackling) to a tolerable level by turning up the Rig X-Fade value from 3 ms to 8 ms in the System menu. If I go to 10 ms, the sound becomes noticeably quieter when changing the rig, so 8 ms seems to be a good value.

Yes, in principle I agree with you, I actually played over two different amps for years. I just wanted to simplify my setup and that's why I decided on the Kemper. Modelers didn't convince me that much, but I liked Kemper straight away. I'll just have to get used to a little.

After trying a lot of things out last night, I realized that luckily it wasn't my Kemper Stage´s fault.

If I had read the manual properly, it would have been clear: I had used the "Double Track" delay in the MOD-module. So of course the decay of the delay is cut off when changing the rig. Who can read has a clear advantage!

If I insert the Mimiq doubler as an FX-Loop module in the DLY or REV-module, it will still be cut off when changing the rig, which is probably in fact due to the impedance-thing. If I would connect the Mimiq doubler behind the main output, I have a fat guitar-wall in a "normal" rig, but as soon I switch to a rig with delay, this is so falsified by the Mimiq doubler that it is actually only sounds like mono.

So my thinking shouldn't be how I use the Mimiq Doubler in the Kemper.

I think I should remove the Mimiq Doubler from the setup and do everything within the Kemper.

So my question: does someone play double tracked guitars here and how do you implement that sensibly?

Here are a few more reasons why I want to play double tracked at all. But maybe I should reconsider it though:

-I'm the only guitarist in the band. Especially when rehearsing with headphones, it is pleasant when it sounds like the guitar is panned to both sides. This also gives some space in the middle for vocals and bass.

-Does it even make sense to play live over a PA-System with a double tracker, or is that more of a problem? With a mono mix, there are phase shifts, can that be uncomfortable for the audience? (For studio recordings I would of course do without double tracking and instead always play several guitar tracks).

- Assuming I would program my rigs in such a way that I only use a double track delay with "normal" rigs and as soon as I switch to a rig that contains a delay or reverb the double tracking delay is programmed off, then my dry signal suddenly would come out of the middle and only the delay / reverb sounds in stereo. That sounds kind of strange. How would you solve this problem?

I used to solve it on my pedalboard by using the Mimiq Doubler before the delay and reverb. That then falsified the sound character of the delay / reverb a little, but it also made the sound three-dimensional somehow and at least there were no sound interruptions when switching (the Mimiq Doubler was always "on"). A solution would of course also be, if the X-module or MOD-module were programmed in such a way that they would not be cut off when changing the rig. Then I would have a similar solution as on my old pedalboard. But I dare to doubt whether it is so easy to program.

For the occasion, I simply renamed the thread, as this is no longer a Kemper error. I hope that despite my many confused words, it is still clear what my concern is. Thanks very much!

Hi there,

I still have a big problem with my Kemper Profiler Stage.
    The latest firmware is on it (8.5.8.30570) and the rig manager is also in the latest version (3.2.48.17248).

As I have already described above, I use the TC Electronic Mimiq Doubler to make my guitar sound like two guitars (wall of sound).
    When I switch between two rigs I still have a short sound dropout.
    At first I had the assumption that it would be due to my TC Electronic Mimiq Doubler, which I had inserted via the FX loop.
    So I contacted the Kemper Support and they told me that it could be due to an impedance conversion.
    I then removed the Mimiq Doubler from the signal path and built myself a similar effect with the Kemper Dual Delay.
    Nevertheless, I also have a clear sound dropout here and I am a bit surprised that this topic has never appeared in the forum.

To make it clearer, I've recorded a few sound samples. To ensure that it wasn't due to any amps or effects, I took the default crunch rig and only inserted the dual delay. You can find the krig file attached so that you can recreate it on your Kemper. I then simply copied this rig in a performance and switched it back and forth. If you don't get the error, I should be concerned and I will send my Kemper back if necessary. I would be very happy to receive your feedback (sound samples)!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sd1…jDZ8zL-QQ8yEHCAznBfa?dl=0

I played a chord and switched back and forth between the rigs in the middle.
    Track 1 is the rig with no effects. You don't hear a big difference.
    Track 2 is the dual delay with a delay time of 21 ms. A slight crack can be heard here.
    Track 3 is the dual delay with 410 ms delay time. Here the sound dropout is unmistakable.
    Track 4 is the dual delay again with 21 ms delay time and 10 ms rig x-fade time. A little more pleasant, but the sound becomes quieter in between. Not ideal either.
    Track 5 and 6 is then the Mimiq Doubler.

Is anyone using the Mimiq Doubler here? If so, how? Maybe not in the FX loop but at the output? But then it also changes all other effects (e.g. an upstream delay ?!).

Ok I understand. The settings for the Send 1 output only make sense if I want to process the signal further (i.e. reamping, profiling ...). As soon as I use Send 1 as an effect loop, only the direct signal is present (depending on where in the signal chain I use the loop, also FX or the stack section before the FX loop) and I can set what I want in Send 1 output (even if I set it to "off"), it has no effect on the output signal.

Sometimes it is really helpful to read through the manual ... but when you have a new toy it is of course much more interesting to play around with and in this case to enjoy the sound.
    I didn't really get any further in my search for the dropouts. I'm almost afraid it's the Mimiq Doubler's fault.

The spillover function in the rig menu only has only effect on the internal reverb or delay FX if these are in the REV / DLY modules, but not if I use an effects loop there. That apparently never gets cut off when changing rigs, no matter where in the signal chain, right?

Then it can't be because of that either.

I still haven't found a solution to my problem and have now contacted support. But he won't be back in the office until monday and will then try to see if he can reproduce the behavior.

In the meantime, I'm trying to see if I can fix the problem myself by making changes to the setup.

I noticed that some settings in the Output menu are grayed out and therefore hardly readable, for example the value for Output Send 1 on the first picture. If I set the effect loop to use the lower loop, then the value is displayed normally again (picture 2). Is that the same for you, or should I make use of my right of return?

I own the Kemper Stage for two weeks now and am of course struck by the possibilities, but also very enthusiastic.

I used to play over two amps with the TC Electronic Mimiq Doubler to create a guitar wall because I'm the only guitarist in the band.

Now I've tried to recreate it with the Dual Chromatic Delay or the Dual Delay, but I have the impression that it sounds a bit phased.

So I hung the Mimiq Doubler in the Effect Loop. Now, however, I have the problem that I always have a small sound dropout when I switch rigs in performance mode.

For the sake of testing, I once copied a rig with the effect loop switched on and switched it back and forth. There is often a small dropout (of around 8 ms) in the delayed signal, accompanied by a crack. It doesn't matter whether I use the lower loop or the upper loop.

I tested it also with other pedals (a delay and an EQ). I don't have a sound dropout here, but I can hear a distinct crack.

It's wired correctly (SEND 2 to the pedal, from the pedal to RETURN 3 and 4) and I've tried other cables as well.

I then hung the mimiq behind the main outs. That works of course, but I would prefer to go into the mixer with the XLR outputs when we play live. In this case, I would also have to get two DI boxes so that I can supply the mixer with a line signal.

Does anyone have another tip? Thank you and best regards!!