Posts by livefrompfd

I love Gullfoss and use it often, but am new to Kemper. My thought is...

Gullfoss is an EQ that provides that final 300+ band EQ driven by an algorithm, that gives a final EQ polish to a track. Gullfoss doesn't know what is playing through it, it's just sound. So it looks for those freqs that are offputting and tames them, or fundamentals that are missing and recovers them. That's my take at it anyway lol

Because the Kemper DOES know what is playing through it (guitar, acoustic, or bass), along with a profile that the input sound is running through, as well as a bunch of other parameter settings... Power Cabinet's algorithm theoretically could impact the sound much further than just an EQ.

My thoughts anyway reading about Power Cabinet without any practical experience yet 8o

For what it's worth, I had a collection of Fenders, Marshalls, Voxes, etc. from decades of playing. I owned the Kemper for a week, then sold every one of them. That was a couple of years ago, and I still don't miss them at all (or the maintenance, or the lugging them around, or the inconsistencies of miking them up). This is the single most gratifying piece of gear I've bought since 1973.

Sooooooo tickled to hear that!

I think I would go with these first... great reviews plus SW has a 2 year warranty. Forget Amazon.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-isolating-earphones-blue

If money wasn't an "impedance" then I would get some custom-fit 12-driver Westones with the subwoofer brain implant. ;)

In my 8 years of using IEMs, Guitarists and Singers only seem to get close to happy with more drivers in their IEMs. Everyone else seems to manage without complaining constantly ? Like OhG said, 4/5 drivers seems to be the sweet spot, where playing in them just becomes as transparent as they need to be for MOST performers. Of course that many drivers costs $$$.

I recommend folks start with the KZ AS10s because they run $40-$50 so cost of entry is low and sound quality over my 4 years and my many purchases, they just have not let anyone down. The reviews on Amazon back this up. YMMV as everyone's ears and "headphone" feeling vary. I keep a few extras new around for musicians to buy when they come in the studio.

I didn't know about the AS12s or AS16s until OhG's post - I'd like to try those next!

I am new to the Kemper, but I had no issue just plugging the Kemper XLR's straight into my mixer/PA.

The only change I made is I "disconnected" the master volume knob from altering the volume sent to my mixer.

Welcome Sir8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks so much for posting this! ? I’ll use this as a reference as I bring bass players in to narrow in on which tone they want to start with.