Posts by RockyStar

Similar with me. I had (still have in a cupboard) a Mesa Triaxis and matching 2:ninety stereo poweramp. I could easily use the 2:ninety with the KPA but to my mind it just isn’t worth the effort. That thing is a beast and weighs about 3.5 tons 😆 Like all valve power amps it sounds best when run at a volume which is way too loud for most things so I would take a profile of this rig over my real rig every day of the week.

Do you want to sell your tri/290 rig?

Even if you did have their exact profile, the chances of you sounding identical to said person is not going to perfectly happen. Your guitar, pickups, cables, hands, pick, pick attack, signal chain, room, etc will most likely alter something in some way. My best advice is to find a profile that is close/similar and do your tweaking to your liking and be done with it so you can get on to playing your guitar and making music.

Hands and fingers can be touchy (no pun intended). When I have had issues I have had success with ice if it is immediate then after 36 hours I am on the heat. Ultra sound and massage along with acupuncture did wonders for me. Diet can help as well. A lot of the things we eat cause inflammation within out bodies and when we do have injury it really slows the natural healing process of the body. Stretching, proper warm up, building up your endurance (consistency is key here) help a great deal. Lighter gauge strings may also be a help or even necessary depending on what you already use and the injury or damage one is up against. Good playing posture and positioning is also vitally important to keep your body aligned as best as one can and to reduce (if not eliminate) stress points. Oxygenation is key for many health related things and one of the best and cheapest little things you can do is rub your hands down with hydrogen peroxide and get that extra oxygen into your hands and system. It will help a great deal, is safe and cheap and easily available. I stopped having surgeries and focused on nutrition and acupuncture and the ability to give my body the chance to heal itself and have been very happy with the results and in return it has saved me from having surgeries the doctors told me I would have to have in order to get things right.

Hopefully something I shared is helpful to those reading this and saves you some pain and frustration or even surgery. Good luck!

Depends on the guitar for me. In most instances I use DR 11-50 Tite Fit. Been using them for many years and when I was on the road they were always so gracious to help me out so I have much love for DR.

Lately I have been trying some different strings simply for unique gauges to see if I like anything. I do like the Ernie Ball sets that Steve Stevens put together. Mega Slinky (10.5 - 48) and the Ultra Slinky (10 - 48). They also have a Hybrid Slinky set that I like a lot on tele's (9 - 46).

I do want to try out the new James Hetfield String set since the gauge is very familiar to me just to see how they feel/compare with the DR's but I haven't had a chance to do so.