Posts by RosboneMako

The PEQ is a really great tool. Not sure why it was not added.

One thought is that the PEQ was required to adjust your tone to get closer to the amp profiled. Since we have Liquid EQs built in now, the PEQ may not be needed as often. And fine tuning the GEQ may be all they feel is needed???

As Buck stated, the PEQ is so useful on the fringe cases, it really seems like it is needed. Especially for live situations.

Typical marketing. Price things very high and people will assume they are the best quality. It is amazing how much money people will waste on stuff that does nothing but make them "feel" like it is better.

Since the internet's inception, I refuse to buy from people who do not add information. Companies will give me free bandwidth and 10GB of drive space but you cant add a 34kb JPEG of your device and 500 bytes of text data??? Good bye.

Weird that no-one finds this to be a critical point.

I agree, I have not seen much discussion on this. Would be cool of you could see ALL of the FX in RM, but only have 4 selected at a time. So you could ignore the ones that dont change the main sound.

But the KPP is missing some of the effects themselves, so you cant really use a profile if it depends on certain things for tone. What happens in RM when you hit those pedals in a Rig?

The KPP should be thought of as an AMP PEDAL only? All of the other bells and whistles are extras? I would not put much money down for profiles that dial in a certain sound and rely on FX to do it.

Ted Nugent at California Jam II was one of the greatest moments in rock history for sure! Coming out on top of his amps wailing away with all that semi-solid feedback! I was glued to the TV when that was on. He was at the top of his game at that time. Playing some Nugent pinball and watching Cal Jam II.

Good times 8)

Cal Jam 2 was also one of the greatest events ever. I was watching for Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, since they made my favorite album of all time (Live). But was blown away by everyone that played. Especially Gonzo.

I dont know who the guy in the other picture is. He doesn't even look like he knows how a guitar works. His picking hand is in the wrong spot. Sheesh. :P

Oh yeah, studio is looking killer! I am super jelly.

Would be interesting to see what other things in other units that would augment the Kemper.

I have been writing a VST for a year now and all my other equipment is gathering dust. But I keep getting antsy to use the Kemper with all these great rollouts lately. The VST has stereo IRs so that was always a thing. But the other day I added 150Hz low pass into a slight distortion and added that back into the sound. To try and give it some speaker breakup and thump. Its definitely fun running the Kemper thru that craziness.

I know Pod HDs had a thump setting for example. Every unit I have ever had, has some cool thing about it nothing else has. Even going back to my early digitech RP that had a Single Coil/Humbucker selection.

Interesting to see what people can frankenstein together. Especially with the PLAYER being affordable. You could use multiple units and go nuts.

Cant imagine why you would need a cab impulse (IR) for a song.

The one thing I would guess is if someone was trying to do TONE MATCHING.

An IR is a recording of what a speaker, cabinet, mic, and room do to a sound trying to come out of the speaker. These things all add to the frequency response of the sound. A top quality IR would try to remove as many of these variables as possible. But the end result is you get a certain EQ/Sound from the IR.

Tone matching is a thing where you run a program that analyzes a sound and tries to create an IR from that recording. This may be what someone is suggesting to do. Run the song you are performing into some Tone Matching app that spits out an IR to get you as close as possible.

I am just guessing here, but trying to help you figure out where you are headed.

The really cool thing about the price point is you can buy two Players for less than a Stage. Thats right you want a Kemper that can do two profiles at a time. Bingo you got it. You can do as many as you want, just add more units. The Player is hitting so many sweet spots.

Are two Players more convenient that carrying a Stage on a Plane? Maybe run two units as one somehow? So you get more flexibility with an easier to carry footprint???

Sorry I am just riffing. Its an exciting time. The fact CK is here talking about the future of the device and its capabilities, has me excited for the future of Kemper.

Backordered - their favorite word I guess. G&L doesn't make large runs like the other companies and they get scooped up pretty quickly when in stock. I ordered thru Sweetwater figuring they would have the most influence on getting it faster. I guess not.

I bought a cheap G&L tele. The lipstick pickup was hands down the worst sounding pickup I have ever heard. Popped my old Squire Strat pickup in. Night and day.

Not crapping on G&L, just trying to soften the blow of not getting the guitar you want :evil: My friend has a good G&L Tele and its the best sounding guitar I have ever heard. Hope it comes soon for ya!

Monoprice has a Tele on sale and you get 20% off right now :evil:

I don't get all the whining....

Players wanted a full function Kemper in a smaller package for travel. This is not that.

But the Player serves another function. It now makes Kemper affordable. Kemper is now in a whole new market space. I know if I could get a Player for a decent price, I would have converted to Kemper many years ago. Instead, I never even looked at Kemper because it was way too much money for me ($500 US max). Line 6 making Helixs sell for $1500 made me look at a Kemper.

This is like giving away crack for free to new drug users. Soon used Players will be for sale everywhere because people will be upgrading to the bigger stuff :)

Looks like the perfect unit for its purposes. Kempers designs are always perfection.

USA buyer here, I always buy from Sweetwater if possible. The fact I have had the same person as my sales rep for many years tells me they are paying these people well and it is a decent place to work. When you call other places, the person on the phone is like "Bro, I am making minimum wage. What do you want from me?". SW always goes the extra mile to make sure I am happy.

That said, SW annoys me with the Google Ads following me around for weeks after I look at something. You looked at a Kemper, here are Kemper ads for the next 3 weeks. Hope it wasn't a Xmas present because now everyone in your house is getting these ads. Some days I want to move to Europe, you guys dont seem to put up with this crap as much.

I wonder how much of a difference it is to buy from Kemper direct. Seems like most sales rep configs would have the german sales rep firm making money from the sale. Of course that would be closer to 5% then the higher numbers a seller would make. Interesting topic. For me, it would be dumb since they would have to mail across the globe. Someone will eat that cost.

I purchased my Kemper from Guitar Center (in town) in case I wanted to return it. When I was unhappy, GC would not take it back. So that back fired. I then bought my Helix from Sweetwater, so you lost a sale GC nice job. I try to never buy from GC ever. Musicians Friend purchased them and are slowly making them better but they are still my last choice.

I buy Sweetwater or MF Stupid Deal. MF has taken care of me in the past very well, but dont have the depth of help SW has.

I have a local shop I try to buy from first, to help them. But they rarely have what I am looking for. So I end up buying like 2% of my stuff there :( I may make donations of old stuff there later :)

Clean amps have a ton of headroom (dynamic range). So a lot of Kemper profiles sound thin and lack chime because it is reproducing that high dynamic range. Some profilers will add compression to bring them alive.

That is the key here, add compression. I personally like the compressor in the stomp section. The compressor in the AMP section works also. You can also try some AMP section SAG to get different tones.

My other fav trick is adding a TREBLE BOOSTER stomp after the AMP/CAB. Adjust the MIX to taste.

Not sure what sound you are looking for but a neat clean profile to try is in Rig Exchange named "Wooly Coats Spanky MK2".

I am writing a VST and I made a weird thing where I boost/dist 150HZ and 1500HZ and it gets real chimey. I made some profiles and put them on Rig Exchange also. Results will vary. Mine are labelled "MakoD2-Chime01" thru "MakoD2-Chime06". They have a lot of high end and various crispiness.

You can also try a crunch amp like the famous AC30 profile and turn down the gain.

You have a ton of options. Best of luck getting the sound in your head and out of your speakers!

One of the best Marshall IRs I have heard is on the Kemper from the factory (Rig Manager?). Locate the Lars Leuttge pack. Its probably a Marshall amp because the cab is labelled 1960AV or something. If you look at this IR in some software, it looks like it was man made because everything is perfect as far as phase etc.

But IRs are a chase-your-tail kind of thing. They always sound like "it could be a little better".

Good luck!