Posts by ethanrdrake

Additional information -

I’ve been using a fender mustang III version 2 which has been loud enough. It states to be 100W. I know the kabinet is 200W and the Laney is 200W, but I’ve heard that the Laney is louder for some reason. So just worried about being able to match volumes with the mustang, as I’ve got a loud drummer

Hello all!

I’m looking at investing in the stage, which looks to be perfect for me for live use and also studio use.

I’ve been researching a lot over the past week and have found lots of people talking about the Laney LFR-112 and how it is a good buy for the unpowered Kemper.

I’ve also seen that Kemper do their own active ‘kabinet’ which is about £130 more but has additional features for the profiler which may come in handy.

The questions I have are as follows -

Does anyone use the Laney that has also used the Kemper kabinet, and which one is better/why?

Would one kabinet be loud enough for gigging? (We play alternative rock so can get quite loud).

Have you used one powered kabinet for gigs? The kabinet would be the main source of guitar sound. I probably wouldn’t be crowding the PA with Kemper goodness as we already have backing track and vocals filling them.

I’ve seen people using two kabinets to achieve stereo but that is out of my budget and I think my partner would kill me :/

This is the most I’ve spent on gear so sorry for the big post, just wanna make the right choice :)

cheers in advance!