Posts by iEddiez

Please use the DIRECT OUT/SEND 1 to pick the unprocessed guitar signal.

Reamping setup and process are explained step by step in the Main Manual starting from page 129.

Thanks! I am not really planning on re-amping yet. I'm hoping to just record my rigs and that'll do me...

Check out my tutorial. You would just omit the Right main input and Right DAW track for mono...

How to Reamp Kemper with Reaper (non-SPDIF Method) Tutorial..

Thanks for this, that looks really in depth. Maybe I should have left re-amping out of the topic mind as I am hoping I dont need to.

At this stage, I just want to record both my Rig and the Guitar signal.

From Burkhards response it sounds like I need to use one XLR as Master Mono via Main Output and then Git Analog via Direct Out?

Direct out just requires a bog standard instrument cable doesn't it?

It's a shame you can't send both clean and processed via the Main Output XLRs...

Hey all,

I am about to dive into the recording world using my Kemper. <X

I have a dual input interface and I plan on recording my Kemper in Mono but one signal with my rig and one dry. That way I could reamp if I really needed to.

Having looked through the manual and some videos I can't see an explicit way of doing this via XLR - balanced and the cables I currently own...

I know I'd need to send Git Analog and Master Mono to the interface but I am drawing a blank on the method via the Output menus.

Any help would be great! Thanks again.

+ for Cubase for me.

I was trained on it whilst studying music technology at A-Level. MANY moons ago now. I bought Cubase 11 last year in a sale and got Pro as part of a deal.
    It's complex at times but every day is a school day! Just personal preference for me...

That looks like an LCD screen when someone presses it too hard. Like when your thumb grabs the corner of an old laptop screen. Maybe it will go away on it's own. :/

How is that possible when no ones touched it!? I've peeled the protector off and that's it.

If its not caused by contamination (Oil ), can you rule out moisture?

This could be caused by tensions in the display.

The Kemper Support should say something about this, maybe this damage is known.

Thanks. Im not sure as its sat on my floor since new. Ive not touched that screen.

I also like these a lot. I decided to profile my own AC30 and they were coming out almost identical to the TAF's so I just use theirs. As far as the cranked normal channel sound you want to build a Brian May tone. It's the only one that gets close. I do use a different cab IR though. I bought, and tried tons of Celestion blue Ir's, the best I found was from "The impulse guys" which was Dan Boul from 65amps . I think it was from a 64.

Agreed. I'm using TAF AC30 for my Muse tones and it does the job so far

You refer to the wrong chapter. Chapter "Performance Mode".

Apologies;

"As soon as you load another Slot from your foot controller, or foot buttons of the PROFILER Remote or Stage, any former modifications within that Performance are interpreted as temporary tweaks during a live performance and will be discarded immediately. If, for example, you had activated a booster in module B, or increased Delay Mix via pedal, any such changes will be lost if you switch Slots remotely. This way, you can always be sure that Slots will be loaded in their original, predictable state during live performances."

This was not what I was experiencing last night whilst playing. I shall test this evening.

You refer to the wrong chapter. Chapter "Performance Mode".

Sorry. Incorrect. I read that chapter. It did not tell me how to get the desired outcome.

If I understand your request correctly that is actually how the KPA works just now. Ironically, there is quite an active group of users who won’t to make the behaviour you describe as wrong available.

Not sure I understood. I'm not saying it's wrong. Just saying it's a nice to have but maybe what I would expect to happen.

If I understand you correctly, this intended functionality is available, if no Rig Manager is connected and you change Slots via Rig Button or MIDI.

Please read the chapter in the Main Manual dedicated to Performance Mode. It explains the logic in detail.

Oh right, I'll take a look. It's not gone back to the initial instance of the patch with or without Rig Manager attached. Thanks

In some of my performances I set a stomp button up.

A use case for this is in one patch I have a solo patch with a harmoniser. I may want to disable the harmoniser for a second solo.

I may then move to a Rhythm patch and back to the Solo bank. It will remain in the same state I left it, without the harmoniser enaged and thefore needing another stomp.

Would it not be cool if you made a stomp change and then came back to the patch it's back a square 1? I reckon so!

I guess it seems sensible to tag this on here.

I've been playing with headphones on and without a cab, double tracker sounds great.

As soon as I turn the poweramp on the double tracker sounds so phased and just awful with the Kab.
    I can't be the only one that's heard this?
    Any remedies?

For some context, I am trying to make my main riff performance sound thicker and beefier. If double tracker sounds bad through the cab I'm open for suggestions