Posts by RogerL

Yeah probably, checked all types of cables etc etc, seems all fine, but in the end all that matters is that the sound quality is as expected which it seems to be (probably will keep on looking forever until I give up though :)).

Thanks!

glad to hear that. ?

I don’t touch the monitor EQ on mine at all and it sounds great so something sounds a little off here. However, as long as you have a workable solution that’s probably all that matters.

Hi guys,

Thought I would give a quick update how everything evolved after previously asking for your help in getting a solution for my issue that I described a few posts above.

Long story short: my workaround did serve me well (difference EQ settings monitor / main out) for quite a while, until the moment that I decided to complete re-arrange my room 2 months ago, making overall big improvements on the placement of the studio monitors & my Kemper kabinet ...

By doing that (and getting rid of a few small sound influencing), all my previously described issues basically disappeared completely: my EQs for main out & monitor out are now both all 0, good profiles sound great (bad ones still sound bad as well 8o), the Kemper Kone works flawlessly with all the different imprints.

Never thought that re-arranging my room (towards completely aligned middle) makes such a hell of a difference. One other factor that most definitely also helped for me is that I took a few courses in producing, mixing and mastering music last last year, which massively improved my abilities to hear things much better (and btw also made me a better guitar player as a bonus ;)).

Maybe someone else struggles now or in the future and may find this useful.

There's a light sensor on the Remote that's never been implemented. Buy a new one today - it's still there.

Never realised that until you mentioned it ... now I have the feeling my unit is faulty, thanks 8o8o8o

I have never played with this one but want to try it. Does the free version need to "phone home"?

Also since it is VST2, VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats that lets it work inside a DAW, do you use it that way or as a standalone? Master out?

Not sure what you mean with 'phone home'. I only use it as a VST plugin on any of the tracks when I use it.

First of all, no need to say that any of your questions are weird or that your English isn't perfect ... :-).

Actually, I had similar questions once I got started with using profiles. The longer I use the Kemper the more freedom I give myself in using the tool and turning on/off effects that came with a profile.

This basically means for me at least that the most important for me is that the Amplifier / EQ / Cabinet section should be good sounding and any other effects (either in A - D or (X to REV) are all very much subject to change (even if they come with the profile). I have my own preferences for nice compressor effects, nice overdrives / distortions, delays, reverbs, chorus etc) which I basically add to the stripped down main profiled amp / cabinet combination.

When I started I also felt that the Amp / Cabinet section sub-settings should not be adjusted as it would destroy a great profile ... but some adjustments (e.g. to definition) may improve the sound in your exact set-up and guitar that you use (e.g. single vs humbucker pickups.

Maybe to get started with the TJ profiles: keep the compressor (often in A), EQ (in X) and REV active and see whether you like them in the profile (in the end it's perfectly OK to also replace those to more what you like). And to disappoint you: in the end your ears will tell you what you like, we can't :)

Hope this helps.

I use the Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (free version) for any kind of Db measurements in my DAW (Ableton). Have to say though that I primarily use it for final mixing/mastering and not so much for exactly getting every track balanced ... my ears are guiding me there :)

Hi all,

Although already started asking questions, I thought it would be nice to shortly introduce myself as well.

Am living near Amsterdam in The Netherlands. Have been playing guitar since I was about 15 (now far too old being 46 ;)). While having 10 guitars and 3 amps, and 20 stomp boxes or so, I decided to go for the Kemper Profiler beginning of the month. I have played in bands for a while (in my 30s), and have been crazy fanatic and periods where I only picked up the guitar occasionally.

It's been quite a journey since buying the Profiler (started off by hating the sounds that came out of the profiler, to systematically adapting all kinds of settings to a point that I now love the sounds). The sheer amount of possibilities is fantastic, but I must say things started to become better after removing every rig from the system and starting of with a few rigs that were great and fine-tuning those :). The one problem I have though is that after buying the profiler I bought the remote, three expression pedals, the Kemper Kabinet and several cables, so my girlfriend is asking me now all time whether it would ever stop :P.

Looking forward to posting and have already learned a lot by simply browsing the forum!

Cya!

glad to hear that. ?

I don’t touch the monitor EQ on mine at all and it sounds great so something sounds a little off here. However, as long as you have a workable solution that’s probably all that matters.

Yeah probably, checked all types of cables etc etc, seems all fine, but in the end all that matters is that the sound quality is as expected which it seems to be (probably will keep on looking forever until I give up though :)).

Thanks!