Posts by Woollymonster

I have put in a request to return a Power Kabinet that I bought directly from Kemper America. I got one email suggesting that I return it to Sweetwater.

I did not buy it from Sweetwater, I bought it directly from Kemper America.

Support has stopped responding to my request.

Now what?

Thanks.

The key there may be never disconnecting. I have no idea how mac bus systems work and its probably safer that way. I have a nord wave2 that works no matter how you plug it in using the adapter initially, but if you unplug the c adapter from the mac and flip it over the loader wont recognize the device until you either flip it back or just reseat the a side into the c adapter. Weird for sure but it could be me. I've taken so many fender shocks in my youth that I may still be radiating some of that stored electricity. :)

That is not an option. The laptop goes where I go.

The problem may have been in Mac OS security settings. I just connected a UAD Apollo Twin last night and it was an hour long process of rebooting the machine and changing the security settings at the boot OS level before it would allow the Apollo to connect.

Luckily, UAD has instructions on their website. As far as I can tell, Kemper does not.

I will have the new Kemper Head on Monday. We will see.

Hey, thanks again. I only had the one computer to connect it too. My original Kemper Power Head is gone. I have a new Profiler Head (unpowered) on order. I will post on this thread when it gets here if there are connection issues.

There were several people having the same issues with MacBook Pro's as I did but, others reported no problems. Go figure.

Just a regular cheap cable I’ve been using forever. I’ve only used this and not used other cables. It was just lying around. Don’t know where I got it from.

But it was never discussed, that you could send the unit to Kempers workshop, so they could try to identify the problem first hand instead of emailing back and forth?

Later model MacBook Pro's do not have USB 2 ports. They only have USB C and Thunderbolt ports. There are no such ports on the Profiler. I had to get adapters and/or cables that would fit the computer and the Kemper. I was never able to connect and update the software or, do anything else with a cable connection. I tried many.

The only way I was able to update the firmware/software was to us a memory stick and an adapter for the computer.

Kemper never offered to take the amp in for evaluations. I wasted a lot of time trying to get it to work.

Thank you. I will look for that when new Kemper arrives. Getting new MacBook Pro and new Kemper toaster top (unpowered).

Hopefully no connection issues this time. With my old setup, the only way to communicate with the Profiler was via flash drive.

I’m also running a MacBook M1 with RM. It’s not a Pro but an Air though. My Kemper is from the first batch of green/black toasters. Never had a problem regarding connection on any computer. So it’s pretty weird. Have you tried to send it to Kemper and let them try?

Yep, went back and forth with Kemper Support for over a month. Issue was never resolved. Same question to you, what cable are you using?

If you mean will Rig Manager run and connect to the profiler then yes. I am running a 2018 profiler on a New Mac Mini M1 with Ventura without any problems. But then I haven’t had any problems connecting to a Mac since I got the `kemper in 2018. I only changed over from my old iMac a month or so ago and it was rock solid with the old iMac on multiple OS versions.

Yes, Rig Manager. What cable are you connecting with?

I had the same problem you are having. It is possible to do what you are asking but, yes it is way too over complicated. You will need a special cable to set up stereo line level out from your MacBook to the Kemper. Read through this thread and you can figure it out. It is not intuitive and it is not easy. There is also a video on the Kemper website that describes how to do it.

Line Level Out to Kemper Thread

I have a similar problem as the OP is having getting my MacBook Pro and Profiler head to connect. I have been working with support for two weeks now on this issue and there is still no resolution. I can't update firmware or transfer rigs to and from my Kemper because of this issue.

Rig Manager will not connect to the Kemper. If this problem persist, I will have no choice but to return the Kemper to the retailer where I purchased it.

Finally! I got it figured out. I would have given up long ago if it had not been for those of you say that "it can be done".

I got the proper cable and figured out how to set Input and Output controls to make it work.

Thank you.

Given that I use this capability live to play intro tracks, I know this works.

Check the connections but sounds like you have your effects loop active. Just to comment - the Spark amp is a different beast designed for home practice. The Kemper is designed as a serious studio and live tool, so the focus isn't on using it to play along with songs. You are better to do this with a DAW as you will have more control over the mix.

Obviously the connection to your Macbook and Profiler is nothing to do with this but part of your frustration. Suffice to say it is plug and play so I'll let support help resolve.

Yes, the Spark is pretty much a toy but, my Suhr PT-15 IR is not. However, plugging Line In and Headphones to the Suhr work exactly the same as the Spark. It is way simpler.

I sent Support my DebugLog.txt today so, maybe they will get the computer issue figured out as well.

Page 124: "For all other PROFILER variants, the Auxiliary Input cannot be used while you have an Effect Loop active in your Rig, or while you are in PROFILER Mode, as the physical inputs are needed for a different purpose. "

I will try it again tonight. Perhaps this is the problem "Effect Loop active".

The sound from my computer comes through external speaker and headphone just fine until I plug in my guitar to the Front Input. Then, it dies. Does this mean I can only "jam along" with a clean dry signal coming from my guitar?

Yes, this video is valid and it describes what we already talked. It is really important for you to spend some time and read cearfully Main Manual 8.5! In fact, there you can find almost everything.

I got the proper cable to run line level output from my MacBook Pro to my Profiler head. Hooked it up as explained in the tutorial/manual.

As I suspected, I can not run line level input and guitar to the same cabinet or headphone output. No matter what is selected in the Input Menu (in this case Aux In), the Front Input on the head will take priority and cancel the Aux In signal.

This is clearly explained in another video tutorial here: "The Front Input will always get priority"

Kemper Profiler Tutorial - Input Section

The Tutorial I listed earlier in this thread on Aux Inputs and the one listed in this post seem to be contradictory.

So how is it that one can "jam along with an MP3 recording" or anything else when the Front Input kills the Aux In signal????

This is a simple task on my $200 Spark amp. Plug in the 3.5 mm audio cable and go. Want to send it all through your headphones? Pug them in. That is it. This thing is really getting frustrating. Not to mention, I still can not connect my MacBook Pro to the Profiler to update the firmware or transfer Rigs from Rig Manager. So far, one on one with Kemper Support has not been able to solve that issue either.

I don't have much experience with my new Kemper Profiler yet. I have the powered Profiler head. I am running it through an old English made Victory 1x12 Deep cabinet with a Celestion Gold speaker. It sounds amazing. I have never played my Kemper through a FRFR monitor of any kind.

I think there must be something else going on with your rig if you are getting "sterile" sounds. I was shocked at how organic the Kemper Rigs sound. I have heard recordings of FRFR rigs and they sound great to me.

All this coming from a guy who had been a dedicated analog only tube amp fanatic for 2 and 1/2 decades.

Not sure what you mean with "such and animal" :) but if you mean the cable than you can see one example here:

https://www.thomann.de/cz/pro_snake_tpy2015_kpp.htm

Yes, that is what I mean. "What type cable?" I thought that was the right one but wanted to make sure.

I have been playing for over 25 years but have always just plugged right into a good tube amp using no more than a couple of pedals.

Now, I wonder if the input from the computer can be heard as well as the guitar input? I mean, at the same time.?