Posts by warrioroflight20

Thanks Yoda!

Thaks exactly what we do! We have a Rental kemper as Backup now on Tour... Back at home we have our own spare kemper.

Like I said, I will Do the Update after this Tour, before the summer Festivals...

Hey,

We are in the middle of a Tour and the Bass player of the Band I work for uses a kemper.

Thats the setup: Bass going into kemper, there He has at first effect a pitch (cause some Songs are downtuned half tone) and from there the sou d is being processed with Main out L and R.

Last year I managed to Programm the DI out to be taken directly after the pitch so the Sound guy has a Real DI Signal but with the Pitch. Now we have some troubles with the Jack DI out and I was wondering If I can put the DI signal (after pitch, before amps further FX) on the Main R output (since we only use L)

A step by step guide on that (with out using rigmanager, but doing it directly on the kemper since I dont have my Computer with me) would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

Alright guys, thank you all for the answers! I will wait with the Update for after the Tour... So I'll have some time to clean things up If anything goes wrong!

(I have another question regarding this kemper but for that i will create another topic)

Hey there,

I am working fora Band since last year and taken everything over from another tech...

The Bass Player uses a kemper but the Version its running on is from 2018... I would like to Update it but I am afraid of loosing or damading the prests... Even tough I backuped them I am afraid they wont work any more..

Also we are using a timecode for the Show with MIDI commands to switch Sounds and it would be a pain in the a** to reprogram that...

What are your toughts about this? Leave it as it is, or can I Update it with out any worries?

Thanks

Zunächst einmal frage ich mich, warum man das so organisiert!? Man will ja nie beide Signal (das gepitchte und das ungepitchte) gleichzeitig hören.

Ich weiß auch nicht, warum alle ungepitchten Signale immer durch die komplette Signalkette gehen sollen, während all gepitchten Signale immer direkt zum Ausgang gehen sollen. Außerdem muss der Mann am Mixer immer aktiv eingreifen und den Kanal wechseln.

Da hast du was falsch verstanden! Wir wollen beide Signale gepitcht haben! Somit hat der Mischer ein AMP Signal und ein DI Signal... diese kann er dann nach belieben zueinander mischen.

Die Lösung aus dem Englischen Forum lasse ich nun auch mal hier:

Im Stomp A lasse ich den Pitch, in Stomp B füge ich einen Looper ein, der dann aus der Send / DI Buchse dann genau das gepitchte, aber unbearbeitete Signal rausschickt... Gleichzeitig kommt aber aus dem Main Out L das bearbeitete AMP Signal!

So, just to let you know: I left the pitch effect on stomp A and managed to put the Looper in Stomp B... and it works perfectly now, even without having to change anything in our existing timecode! Easiest solution!

THANK YOU!

Thank you both for those answers! I will definitley try this out!

One question... We are switching the sounds using midi in our timecoded show... so everything goes automatically... will I be able to turn the transpose on or off via MIDI signal?

Hello!

I´m using the Kemper for the bass guitar!

The signal path looks like this: Input - Pitch (to tune down for some songs) - amp - some fx - output.

We go out from the Main Out L into the mixing desk but we also want to give our mixing engeneer the pure bass direct sound (but with the pitch!!)

But when we use the direct out the processed signal is pitched, and the other one is not! That sounds a little bit odd... ;)

Do you have any ideas how to achieve that?

Thanks

Hallo an alle!

Folgende Situation: Der Kemper wird für den Bass genutzt.

Der Signalweg ist folgender: Input - Pitch - Amp - Effekte (Distortion usw...) - Output

Der Pitch wird genutzt um bei einigen Songs live alles einen halbton tiefer zu haben... So muss man weniger Bässe zum Konzert mitbringen + man spart sich die Umstimmerei...

Angedacht waren am Mischpult zwei Kanäle: einmal aus dem Main Out L (das bearbeitete Signal) und einmal aus dem Direct Out nur das gepitchte Signal (OHNE Amp und Effekte)

Leider wird der Pitch nicht über den Direct Out mitgeschickt... nur das "Cleane" Basssignal... Hört sich dann leicht doof an wenn die beiden Kanäle dann live vom Mischer zusammen gemischt werden und da ein halbton unterschied ist... XD

Hat jemand eine Idee welche Einstellung ich übersehen habe?

Danke