Posts by Meh123

Old post but I second this. Does anyone have a Harley-Thompson amp that we may profile or wish to share a profile of one that has already been profiled?

"a 12AX7 preamp tube, 12AX7 phase inverter, and dual 6L6 output tubes that thrust 40 watts of muscular tone through an 8-ohm, 50-watt Jupiter ceramic magnet speaker"

It sounds like a simplified Princeton circuit to me (no reverb/no vibrato and a speaker swap for one with a lot more power which won't breakup quite as easily so any distortion will come from the preamp at very high volumes or pedals. That makes sense. Still -- it has that nice Fender shimmering chime to it ...

It looks to have a great build quality too. I may buy one when they go into production again. I like it that much ...

All free profiles:

For low gain/clean - My favorite is the Fender '64 Deluxe Reverb from msuijs. It's free on this forum: Fender '64 Deluxe Reverb profiles His other profiles are on the Rig Exchange under: Martin Suijs

For Medium gain - Nate Collings - Rivera Venus 6 profile listed on the Rig Exchange. I'd actually like to see more profiles of this amp and more of Rivera modded Fenders in general. Anyone with a super champ or a Fender Deluxe with a Rivera Stage 2 mod done on it want to profile their amp? I'd be ever so grateful. These circuits are on countless recordings ... think Michael Jackson, Toto, etc.

High Gain - Anything by @George_Alayon on the rig exchange. He must be a brother from another mother. It's obviously from his amp selection and profile setups that we have a similar musical ear. Particularly, I like his variac'd 68 Metro Friedman. Id' love to see even more profiles of that amp taking the variac even lower ... 61V? right before the heaters turn off ... the compression that kicks in with the variac is soooo great on a Marshall circuit. Maybe a boost or frown curve EQ pedal while profiling to really nail that EVH brown sound would also be killer! He also has this one elusive 76 Marshall JMP which is killer. Think 70's Kiss or Angus Young.. I wish we had more profiles of that as well. Like I said, anything from George Alayon is gold.

I'd love to get access to any of Pete Thorn, Steve Lukather or Neal Schon's personal kemper profiles with their own rig captures.... one can wish ... just need 5 minutes and a USB stick ... Someone also needs to bring a kemper to Jim Gaustad so he can profile his vintage brown sound setup! I'd volunteer to go to Nashville for that one ...

I have two FRFR 112's setup in stereo. I gig with them. They're great for the price and very accurate sounding for FRFR. The trick is to put them on plastic milk crates. It sounds silly but that works. It actually works for many speaker cabinets that have plastic casings instead of ply wood. Takes the excessive bass out and brings it back to what you'd hear if you plugged in good studio cans. For whatever reason it works better than PA stands for me since it brings the speakers to the correct height to what my ears expect i guess .....

I hope that helps someone ....