Posts by MarcusC

Hi all--a relative noobie here. I've been loving my Kemper Rack big time (!!) but am having a really difficult time trying to figure out how to record it in my Studio One 5 DAW. I'm using an IK MM AXE I/0 and am getting audible signal through it but can't seem to get the SO5 to enable it in the external instrument window. I got it entered in but can't figure out how to actually record it. I'm getting a prompt that says that it conflicts with my iRig Keys 2 in the midi port. I'm considering pulling the keyboard off of it but I'm just learning how to use the Studio One 5 and it was really tough to get THAT to work as well. (haven't been able to find my notes on that-not sure if I took any). If I just leave the Keys unplugged couldI theoretically use the port with the Kemper? I appreciate any help on this, it's been frustrating trying to get it to work! Any ideas?

PS-I'd read about how using XLR's on I/Os wasn't the best idea because of the mic preamp issues that are often the case. Thought that the AXE 1/O would be a bit different but it appears to have the same problem as other I/Os. I notice a rather notificable difference between the Kemper on headphones and what I'm getting in the Studio One 5. It doesn't have that dynamic warmth and delicious tone that I'm used to. So I'll be getting some adaptors to 1/4 inch or just go straight 1/4 inch, a bit low on those right now. At least I'm aware of that.

Hey daimion and ST, thanks for asking the question daimion and the for the answer ST. I've got my Kemper rack connected with both XLR's on both ends and have noticed the audio isn't quite up to snuff. I'd read about 1/O'S possible mic preamp stage but thought maybe my AXE 1/O like daimon's would be different. Looks to not be the case, I'm going to get those adapters to 1/4 inch!

Veteran former tube purist here--finally got a great deal on the Rack model about a month ago and have really been enjoying ever since!! Bought it used and had to laugh when I saw what the guy had on it. Maybe 60 profiles and practically nothing he had on it had any effects whatsoever-ha ha. Dry as a bone is fine once in awhile but I like a little reverb and delay happening. Anyway, he had some good cranked profiles on it. Like I said I've always been a tube guy, mostly Mesas and a Marshall, really wasn't too impressed with the old modelers so I was completely out of the loop. Wish I'd paid more attention when the Kemper Profiler came out--it's phenomenal! The pandemic got me back into my music again. After hearing all of the demos and gigs done with it, it was an easy decision to get one. Got some really good paid profiles as well as some free ones out of the gate and am extremely happy with it. I'll probably have some noobie questions from time to time. Nice to join the forum!