Posts by livepulse

Oh! I forgot: i read in the manual

The XLR outputs are protected against 48V phantom power fed by a mixing desk. However, you should avoid feeding phantom power into the PROFILER if you want the best audio quality. Like all inputs and outputs, it offers a ground lift to prevent a loop hum.

But this is for a powered head, no mention about an unpowered amp. Can i treat my Kemper with the Cobblestone as a powered amp? So no phantom power?

Hello,

I'm a relative new user of the Kemper so i have a question regarding the output. I have a show in a few weeks and am wondering if it is possible to DI to the console and run a cable to a cab at the same time. I want to use the cab as a monitor (i hate stage monitors, i need a push) but not use a mic in front of the cab. My Kemper is an unpowered rack version with a Cobblestone.

I can't really find an answer in the manual since English is not my main language. Maybe i overlooked as well.

TIA.

Adinfinitum : Thank you but a plugin is not really what i am looking for.

DonPetersen : I have found the rig with the Leslie which is nice but not a RA. The difference is quite big between the two. I have a friend with a RA100, the two speaker Leslie version, perhaps we can create some profiles, i have to dig in to it.

Thank you both again.

So, i've had two of these beauties in the past for my Pink Floyd tribute band but i got rid of them long ago, these monsters weigh 90kg! Now i am wondering if there are profiles for these amps, mainly the Leslie-effect, or is this doable to create with the Rotary effect? I have not been able sofar to find a profile.

I really like the Rotary-effect in the Kemper, it's not a Yamaha by a long shot but it has some nice qualities. If it would be possible to add a manual speed, the effect would be a lot more versatile.

A sad day indeed. I have had the pleasure of seeing him live and it was indeed mindblowing. I was in awe the entire concert. He was truly one of a kind, his sound, his technique, his humour... RIP.

Thanks all! I really don't want to be a clone, just use a basic setup which "sounds like"... that'll do for me. It's in the playing and Gilmour sounded different throughout the years, live and in the studio.

Hello there,

Long time player, first time Kemper user. Got myself the rack version (w/ remote), unpowered but with a Kartakou Cobblestone and a 1x12 Zilla cab (w/ ToneHunter mod). Very happy camper, no more dragging heavy gear around! My background is blues, started a Pink Floyd tribute later, quit but asked again for a new Roger Waters tribute. Hence the no more gear, just a great Kemper. Can't be happier, got some great amps/sounds/rigs already from Tone Junkie and the Rig Exchange.

Still... so much to learn... this board is a great place as far as i have seen sofar, happy to join!