Posts by Tre2002

Live or Studio?

Live - Kemper Kone/Kabinet for feel. There are many FRFR options but theya re very clinical and not always great for playing off. The Yamaha dx10 has been a benchmark for many people over the years.

Studio - Any good studio monitors or headphones.

ill be mostly at home so studio, i was looking at the krk rokit rp8 or the yamaha hs7, what would you go for?

im getting a kemper soon and im a noob and trying to learn, lets say im playing a guitar part and its clean(like a metallica intro) then i want a distorted tone for the heavier parts how would i go about that while playing? would i have 2 different profiles, one clean and one distorted, and can you change between them with the foot pedal? or how does this work?

I’m getting a kemper and all I’m going to use it for is bedroom use, I want it for getting exact tones, so like Metallica, AC/DC, srv things like that, so I’ve hear frfr is best for me, would a head rush or studio monitors be best for my circumstances, are studio monitors even frfr and will they affect the tone? I just want to use the kemper profile and hear it as it was made with the cabinet already turned on the profile, the studio monitors I’ve looked at are Yamaha hs7 or head rush 112 frfr, please help and let me know what would be best, cheers

i dont care about gigging or recording i literally just want to be able to hear the tone i download for what it is, i know a frfr is what i need but does it matter what one? lets say i download a vintage marshall profile, i just want to hear that for what it is in my bedroom having fun, would the headrush 112 get the job done for me? or would something more expensive like the line 6 powercab be the better option, please help me!