Posts by Amcolan

I just hope this LP technology allows Kemper to keep its overall tone and feel. Moving the “modeling” direction makes me worried it will start to emulate the fractal world. I’ve come From fractal after years of struggling with looking for that “amp” feel and the Kemper profiles accomplish that phenomenally. That’s why I made the switch earlier this year.

Please read the Manual or check out YT
    Liquid Profile has nothing to do with Volumen, it's all about the tonestacvk and the gain.

https://www.youtube.com/result…liquid+profiling+tutorial

A master volume effects tone stack and gain. It’s a very effective parameter especially for taming low end on high gain amplifiers. Now that we can sweep through the gain setting on a liquid profile it would make sense to be able to raise or lower the master volume on a profile to compensate.

Im really confused on the liquid profiling feature. All these current liquid profiled amps that are available for far, are these just available to make your own profile or has Kemper actually came out with any stock liquid profiles of these amps at all? If so where do I find them to test them out. I don't see any stock presets or profiles at all since updating. and I don't own most of these amps to make my own profiles.

Am I missing something?

I followed the directions and it stated that the original sound would be present once I saved my new liquid version of the profile but it sounds different. I saved a previous version of the profile just incase so I could compare and it definitely sounds different

Im not getting any response when I click the Restore buttons like the manual says. Is something supposed to pop up?

Also, is this possible to do within rig manager? Im only able to see the restore buttons on the stage. The amp model parameter is in rig manager but I dont see Restore buttons anywhere.

Are there any tutorials or manuals on how to use liquid profiles? especially the stock ones? The update manual doesn't show any but the list of liquid profiles. Im not sure where to find the stock profiles to try them out.

I see a lot of videos of people playing through them, like tone junkie, but no one really explains the process of using them.

How do I convert an old profile to a liquid profile?

Some info on The process of using LP would be great.

Are there any tutorials or manuals on how to use liquid profiles? especially the stock ones? The update manual doesn't show any but the list of liquid profiles. Im not sure where to find the stock profiles to try them out.

I see a lot of videos of people playing through them, like tone junkie, but no one really explains the process of using them.

that shouldn't be necessary - once a sound is properly set up and levelled it shouldn't really be altered.
    It's one of the sound guys first jobs to setup/EQ the PA to an acceptable standard

my soundcheck takes about 5 seconds :)

I’ve learned to not rely on sound guys. In my experience they are either deaf or just don’t care enough and we don’t have our own sound tech at our gigs.

Hello all

I just picked up a Royer 121 to blend with my sm57 when making some Kemper profiles. I got the Royer clip and have the phase set up perfectly.

I moved the mics around and settled on having the 57 at the left cap edge with the Royer to the left at almost mid cone. I auditioned it through my Neumann KH 120’s and the tone sounded great. I had the 57 about 7-8db less than the 121. Very thick tone it captured from my Freidman small box 50 and V30 DR Z cabinet.

The tone sounds great alone but when I used it live it last night i immediately got buried in my mix. Could barely hear it and I soon switched over to a different preset.

Just looking for tips on mic placement or how to blend the faders for these two mics. Should I have the 57 higher and blend in the 121? I really don’t like the mid range sound of a 57 by itself so I naturally brought in less of the 57. I’m guessing that’s the main issue here.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks all

Are there any videos out yet that show how to profile an amp to work with liquid profiling? I’m still not sure how the whole liquid process will work.

I’m in the process of making a lot of my own profiles. I’m not on the liquid firmware yet and feel like I may be wasting my time making these before I make the switch to liquid