Posts by Amcolan

I just picked up an old Tc electronic Nova Drive pedal. Dual Analog circuit pedal. Basically a tube screamer and a Rat in one. But it’s digitally controlled and can be controlled through midi. I think this should be the perfect drive pedal for the Kemper. Should give me tons of Tonal options as well as control

The same principles apply in Performance Mode.

Let's assume you have a Rig in Slot 2 of Performance 5 and you increase Definition in its amp module. If you press STORE three times the whole Performance 5 will be stored with all edited parameters including Definition of the Rig in Slot 2. Alternatively, you can press STORE once and then use soft button "Export Rig to Pool". This will store the Rig with the edited settings into your browse pool.

Will this save a new version of the profile or replace the previous version?

So I have been able to make profiles without any increased noise until I tried summing two mics in mono through my apollo. When i send the out from the apollo to the return on the kemper I get a loud 60 cycle hum. Any idea how I can fix this? both the kemper and amp are plugged into the same outlet but the apollo is not. could that be the issue? they arent close to each other so its not really possible to plug the apollo into the same outlet.

I have profiles ive made recently. I want to tweak the definition and compressor settings on it but im not sure how to save these settings as stock to my profile. I can only seem to save the performance im on.

I want to use an sm57 and md421 both for my profile with my stage. Will it work if I run both mics to the return left and right? Or is it necessary to run both mics to my interface then send it out summed mono to the Kemper return L?

Damn this Kemper is cool. The profiles of the badger came out amazing. Took a few try’s to move the mic around a bit but sounds identical through my FR cabs as it does through my guitar cab.

I see a lot of demos where people are tweaking the definition and compressor before saving the profile. I don’t see those parameters. I only see clarity and supply sag.

I have just attempted my first profile with my Stage. Trying to profile my Suhr Badger 30 with low/mid gain settings for a light crunch. The amp on its own is dead quiet. but when I plug the guitar to the Kemper input then the send to the amp input im getting a lot of increased hum and noise. the noise doesn't go away when the guitar volume is down. Im using a 15 ft and 12 ft mogami cable for both. one is longer since its running into an iso booth.

Is there a reason I might be getting a lot of increased noise? am I just using too long of cables? are there internal settings that I need to tweak in the Kemper?

If you have upcoming shows - wait a while maybe :)

Even if it shouldn't affect your performances, there are no guarantees; especially for a beta version.

I always have upcoming shows so there’s really no better time. 😊. Unless there’s just a lot more risk with beta. I’ve never had any issues with beta in the past. Was just more concerned with it affecting my current rigs im using.

I did the most recent update the other day and last night during a gig I notice that when I switch between rigs within a performance the effects won’t disengage. For example, if I’m on rig one of a performance and turn on the drive block then switch to rig two the drive block is still engaged. This normally wouldn’t happen before the update unless I was plugged into the usb port.
    anyone else have this issue?

Rock cover band. Good mix of oldies, classic rock, 80’s and pop. I play a 61’ custom shop strat with dimarzio rail I put in the bridge. And a Gibson Les Paul trad pro with suhr thornbuckers.
    the PA was a mismatched mess. Ceiling mounted QSC and a stand mounted turbo sound monitor due to the other qsc being blown. I didn’t use any stage monitors or backline monitors. I’m not sure what tweaks he made. I doubt he made many. Was kind of a set it and forgot it sound tech.
    he actually said at one point he may have to take off early. lol although he never did.
    I went out the the crowd to check the sound a few times and it sounded great.
    I ran the headphone jack to my stereo iem and the main out Left xlr to the FOH.

What exactly are you referring to when you say "The fractal in my opinion though has far superior effects?" I see this all the time with no detailed information on this.

I find the effects in the Kemper to be as good as the Fractal effects. Are you referring to the more obscure effects that the Kemper does not have?

just a lot more options as far as what effects they have modeled in the fractal. Some effects that are not in the Kemper. And a lot of adjustment parameters for the effects. Most of which I don’t know how to use. 😂

Dude you have negative impacts on my business. I am trying to sell my fm9 in this forum! ;)

(it is also on ebay, for those interested. Just dont believe this guy, Kemper is not that good:))

the fm9 is awesome. I’m sure it’s capable of having the same amp feel as the Kemper. I’m just not that good at the parameters. Kemper was plug and play for me. It’s all about amp feel for me personally. And the Kemper nails that part.

The fractal in my opinion though has far superior effects. The Kemper does all that I need but is fairly limited in the size of a preset you can create. I had huge preset layouts with the fractal and pretty much play the whole night in one preset. That’s where the fractal shines in my opinion. Also the routing was awesome. I would run two separate inputs which allowed me to run both a chain for magnetics and piezo.