Posts by Larryarms

I play in a metalcore band with lots of screaming and two guitarists 🤘

What are some of the best DI/Merged profiles that will cut through the mix and sit nicely with the whole band? (Bonus if they liquid profiles)

My rig: humbucker guitars, 4x12 and 2x12 cabs with v30s. We go FOH sometimes but generally all stage volume!

Im currently using my powered rack through an Orange 2x12 and sometimes 4x12. I'm getting some great low end metal tones, but need wanting to cut through the band mix more. Any tips so I don't blow my speakers?

I play high gain (Sevendust-Killswitch, as well as a lot of 80's-90 metal..)..Irun my powerhead through a 412 V30 cab, right along with my other guitar player(Boogie MKIV head and recto 412)..I profiled the MKIV and just end up tweeking it in real time when we're both playing..No problem , just use the monitor EQ (..this leaves the mix to the board or direct recording untouched..).. I end up adding a little bass, but turn the presence down to 9Oclock, and the treble to 10 oclcok..this gets rid of some of the harshness and "Ice-picky" sound you can get from SS vs tube....SLIGHT tweeks of the EQ beyond that and you should be good. Don't be afraid to crank the Kemper as it does sound better the louder it gets. Of course, the profile has to be good..there's A LOT of "Meh" profiles in the Kemper and the user group/share page.... The differenc ebetween those, and payiing $50-75 for some 3rd party ( STL Tones, CILLILABS, and Josh Middleton are a few good ones), and the "free" profiles is live and loud with the band...ALLthe way there so to speak. Hope this helps.

Are you saying that the STL and JM tones are worth the money compared to stock profiles?

Thanks for all the replies!

We don't have anything currently going to FOH at gigs, but that will change very shortly. We use in ears and currently mic our cabs for that. I need to dial in the the power section some more and try some DI or merged profiles.

Yes, I will need to mess with that section. I'm sure that's where I can make it come "alive".

I wish there was more videos or tutorials on YouTube of people using the powered version with a full band and real cabs.

Hi Everyone!

New Kemper user and just got the powered rack. I play in a Metalcore style band with 2 guitarists and screaming vocals. Trying to figure out how to get the best live mix with what I'm working with?!?

Me: Powered Kemper Rack-->Orange 2x12 closed

2nd guitar: 120 Peavey invective -->Orange 2x12 closed

My cab emulation is off on all profiles and it honestly sounded great during practice, but I definitely was missing the thump and presence I get from using my 100w tube heads.