please contact support, we'll look into this.
Before anybody does above, please contact support. What Diego faced is a very specific and rare issues.
am pretty sure this is a new thing, I didn't have this problem before.
it's a new thing. People found it confusing that editing the tags of a single Rig in inspector becomes permanent immediately, while editing the Rig itself with the editor requires you to store thing.
Here's how it is now:
- If the inspector shows a single Rig, you need to store what you change. The Store Rig button shows you if there is something to store by lighting up.
- If the inspector shows the values of multiple Rigs, the changes you make to the tags are instant.
Yeah and still same bug: Copy a merged (!) cab (A) to another profile (B) in RM using Kemper buttons and do not save anything. Then move to the next profile with right arrow key... The cab A is still shown in the profile B in RM (=wrong), but on the profiler the correct, original cab is shown. For fun: If I now copy a cab from a studio profile to the the profile B (which still shows the wrong cab A), this cab is not permanent, but it still jumps back to the wrong cab A in RM.
If I make a duplicate of the rig (or copy and paste): Only the new profile shows the correct cab in RM.
The wrong cab is shown until RM is closed and started again.
we cannot reproduce this. could you please contact support and send a video which illustrates what you write above. we might have missed a little detail. thanks!
Here is what I found...
For a new Performance in Rig Manager (one that has been initialized and just has “Crunch” listed.
I double click the the Performance (MyProfiler) to select it, you will see the headphone symbol showing that it’s is selected.
Go into Rigs (MyProfiler), highlight a rig and either right click (copy) or use Edit drop down (copy).
Go back to Performance (MyProfiler) and now try to “paste” the rig into the #1 performance slot... nothing happens.
Now if I then click/select #2 performance and then click/select #1 performance again, I can now “paste” the rig into the #1 performance slot.
we can't replicate your findings. please contact support.
Not sure if this is something that was intentional in programming, as I do not see it in the manual (could have missed it) but... Found something interesting, can be really handy but might also create unintended changes to performances.
I mistakenly left my Kemper in Performance mode and in Rig Manager I wanted to go and audition some new profiles from Rig exchange . Found something I liked and doubled clicked to audition ( as I always do). Noticed that the headphone symbol did not appear as it usually does? Ok no prob. Continued to check out other profiles...
I then go back into my performances to make an edit and what do I find... a Performance slot had been overwritten with a rig I had tried on Rig Exchange? Hmmm? So I selected that performance spot and then went back to Rig Exchange and double clicked on a Rig. Then went back into the Performance edit area and low and behold the Performance slot had changed.
I tried doing this with Rigs from local/Kemper/Rig exchange and it worked with all of them. So, no need to copy paste or drag and drop. I can just double click on a Rig to have it populate the chosen performance slot.
This only works if you leave your Kemper Rack/Toaster/Stage in performance mode. If it’s in Browser mode you will only audition the profile as normal.
So is this an intended feature?
yes, that's intentional.
Sorry to say ...
Copied a rig via RM vom Local Library to a Performance Slot. via Copy Past
Nothing happened on KPA.
It shows on RM the new RIG takes place at the slot, but noting to see on KPA.
If you then use the Brows knob on KPA to select a Rig from the Browse Pool the KPA Hangs. (no crash but ist still don't react any more)
If you do the same as before and select some other performances RM the RM crashes.
Moving a performance from a lower number to a higher number in the list (by drag and drop) the numbering is wrong you have than the same number twice.
Is it too much to expect to test the basics before releasing anything?
I found that out in 10 minutes by normal use ...
can you please contact support?
Any word on if plans exist to do so in the future?
As it turns out, we don't comment on future developments. On a side note: the Profiler Stage doesn't have the buttons (Stomps/Stack/Effects) for those sections.
Should Stomps and Effects section presets be visible in RM with the currently? If not, will they? If the answer is no to both - please consider this a feature request.
Section presets are not supported.
please contact support. we will help you fix your installation.
1) If you favourite a rig while auditioning it, it becomes un-favourited the instant you double click on another rig...
2) You can no longer scroll up and down with arrow keys to audition rigs?
3) When you drag a rig to a new folder, it now removes it from the folder it was in - so cut-and-paste as opposed to copy-and-paste, which is how it worked before - can't see any option to change this?
4) I like how the controls in the Editor communicate with their respective controls on the Kemper (e.g. turn the Gain knob in the Editor, and the LED's "move" on the Kemper's gain knob - and vice-versa) - however, the Rig Volume knob (bottom right on the Kemper, far right in the Editor's Amp section) do NOT communicate in this way. Any reason for this? They are the same control, right?
1) everything you do to a single Rig in the inspector needs to be stored. that's why the store button lights up. Everything you do to multiple Rigs gets stored automatically
2) you can use the left right keys to do that, up and down just moves the selection
3) use an option key (on mac press option) to copy instead of move
4) the volume you find on the UI is the Rig volume which can be found on the Rig page of the editor
in general, there were changes because the editor gave us a new perspective on some details. many things are lined out in the Rig Manager manual.
Strangely, following an update of both RM and OS yesterday I prepared a new performance, stored it, then RM lost it along with all my other performances, then after 20 minutes of searching and foul language, it just appeared.
out of curiosity, what do you mean by "after 20 minutes of searching and foul language, it just appeared".
beta testing is over, thanks a lot for all your comments. feel free to open new threads for unanswered questions.
save a rig and import the FX chain by locking the amp/cab/output of the rig you want to import you effects to.
Hi, I don't know this issue comes from RM3 (3.0.100) or the profiler (OS 7.1.19) but when I profile and store a rig a message comes (not always) and a rig is deleted in the browser. It's seems that the new rig profiled overwrite the last selected. And somtimes the last selected appears in the toaster but not in RM 3.
Run in windows 8.1
can you please contact support? we need to look into this.