Posts by G String

It's solved. Newest beta 7.1.19 was installed after another try.

i don't think it's solved. you really want to look at how reliable your USB connection is. From what you describe there is an ongoing issue and it was pure lock that the update process went through.

Came to rehearsals tonight and in my main performance, four of the five slots were replaced with the 'Crunch' preset.

I still had the original rigs in the browse pool but what I had in the performance were of course tweaked over some time.

can you please get in touch with support and supply those Rig and, if you can, a backup with the performances which ended up having "Crunch" rigs inside?

we would like to take a look.

thanks, gs

NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE

Rig Manager 3.0.99 and Profiler OS 7.1.19 are available in the public beta download sections. The new version are recommended for everybody who's using Rig Manager 3 betas.

Rig Manager 3 betas can be found here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Profiler OS betas can be found here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

Features and changes in this version (3.0.99):

- Fixed recurring sync on empty performances

- Fixed rig copy/paste going into wrong performance slot

- Fixed wrong Profiler icon

- Feature: Display of morph values improved

- Feature: “T” for toggle key command on effect slots

Features and changes in PROFILER Operating System 7.1.19

- Fixed: Sometimes, a Rig sounds differente directly after switching Profiler on.

Best, GS

we have lined out the system requirements month ago. so what's the news here? also, why do you post this on multiple places on this forum? there are applications which run on old operating system versions and others do not. things like this happen for technical reasons, not for penalty. everybody who writes applications makes those compatible with as many OS versions as possible. but there's always a point where you need to decide if you're going forward and make something future proof or not. and when you start a new development, chances are that you decide to make software which is as future proof as suited for the purpose. in other words, it is always a compromise.

i personally like the idea of users keeping their computers for a long while. but in this case, you should consider your old computer as a system that doesn't change anymore. as much as your computer probably doesn't run an macOS which is newer than mavericks.

einnyste - okay, that's something unrelated. can you please contact support and work with them on this issue? we need to find out what it is.

I agree with terich. I was on OS 7.1.18 and when switching between any of the 5 different slots of the same performance, I always had a latency before the choosen rig took effects. The latency varies between 158 and 570 ms, wich is not adequate when you want to switch between different parts of a song. Made differents tests, with or without rig spillover, with midi control instead of the remote, compared with other analog midi switching to make sure it's not the guitar player ;) . I finally reverted to the latest official release 7.1.15 and latency disappeared.

I hope it will be fixed before the release of RM 3.

Switching slots takes longer when Rig Manager is connected. The reason behind this is, that all changes need to be stored when switching to another slot. This didn't happen before and for obviously reasons, it troubled loads of users. We assume that when you have Rig Manager connected, you want to edit things and keep you edits.

If you want the slots to switch fast (and not store changes) then you need to disconnect Rig Manager.

NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE

Rig Manager 3.0.96 and Profiler OS 7.1.18 are available in the public beta download sections. The new version are recommended for everybody who's using Rig Manager 3 betas.

Rig Manager 3 betas can be found here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Profiler OS betas can be found here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

Features and changes in Rig Manager 3.0.96

- Fixed Amp presets not containing EQ

- Fixed Rig Manager not starting if user name contained special characters

- Improved preview from All Rigs/All Performances

- Fixed wrong slot selection after previewing Profiler rig

- Fixed crash when removing a backup while previewing a rig from it

- Fixed edited rig displayed in wrong position after switch from perform to browse mode

Features and changes in PROFILER Operating System 7.1.18

- Improvements to communication with Rig Manager

Best, GS

Please fix it. I want to see original names (without any modification).

Profiler has a limited number of characters for the rig/preset name. mostly, because the name should fit on the display. if you import IRs with names that exceed the size, we can only shorten the names. if you don't like that, you need to shorten the names of the files you import. or you can edit the names once you've imported the IRs.