Posts by G String

To be more clear, after RM initially crashes it becomes increasingly unstable. If I continue to use it without rebooting it will continue crashing every time I try to save a performance, then after a few attempts it will not launch at all (quits on launch). To resolve this, I always reboot after each unexpected quit. But I have not been able to identify the root cause of the initial instability.
    If this issue belongs elsewhere feel free to remove my post.

please contact us by email and include a crash log if possible. we'll take a look.
    gs

Heri - send us a Rig Manager backup file (Tools > Backup Rig Manager Content). It might be to big to be send in an email, so maybe you can just dropbox it and send us a link. i'm sure once we can replicate your findings, we can help you and fix the issue.
    gs

Same here. After running successfully for a period of time, RM will begin intermittently crashing when storing a Performance. Typically rebooting solves the issue, but it eventually reoccurs after an indeterminate period of time.

i don't understand in which way this is related to the discussion in here.
    gs

i cannot confirm that. i've just added 50 folder and rig manager does not crash. also, there is no reason to trash the entire user folder. in the rare cases i've seen so far, the user library got corrupted and as a result, Rig Manager cannot boot under certain circumstances. there will be a new version of Rig Manager in a short while which deals more gracefully with this issue.
    gs

Hi Ingolf, the problem is well known by the kpa guys. I have reported it weeks ago to HJ Scheffler. As i have written in another thread, he told me that is a known bug in the beta.

doesn't matter. well know and knowing what causes it are two different things. maybe not in this case but in general. we prefer to receive as many bug reports as possible. this way there's better chance that we can replicate the issue in a timely manner.
    gs

I have my (commercial) rigs organized by author (TAF, M. Britt, etc.). These Folders have subfolders that represent the different Profile-Packs.

you can use the comment field for e.g. the name of the rig pack. and if you look for a specific author, that's what the author field is for. they're all searchable already.
    gs

You can buy second KPA and make profile of the rig. Then you could upload it to conform to Kemper rules.

no. if you want to upload the rig, you have to be the original author. that means it was you who profiled the (original) amp - that's our rules. what you suggest is like re-sampling a sample.

buying a profiler grants you allowance to use the content, but it does not make you the author. and depending on the author's EULA it does not give you the right to pass it on when you sell Profiler. if someone feels that he want to share a rig elsewhere, our rules do not apply. peto is right - our mission is not to police the internet.
    but you should always consider that those how created the +6000 rigs on the exchange took a vast effort for our community. respect it and we all will see more great profiles in the future.
    gs

I think it is generally more or less OK to tweak another persons profile taken from rig exchange and then upload that - as long as the original profile's creator is credited in the comments field (or is still tagged as his/her work in the author field). In reality, i goes against the Terms and Conditions, but some authors are fine with it. It is good form to ask them beforehand, though!!

no, that's not okay. by uploading you agree to "You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work." - i know that there are rigs on the exchange which do not comply with that but still, since Aussiejoe asked, that's not okay with us.
    gs

If i take someones rig and fundamentally change it (eq/amp parameters/effects etc) so that it does not sound exactly like the original rig, have a created a new rig?

that doesn't make it your rig. editing is different to creating. if you didn't make the profile used yourself, you shouldn't upload the rig to the exchange.
    gs

bluesman -

why don't you just change the title of your thread to something more appropriate? we don't register the issues you face in support and it is certainly not a general thing. so, sharing your thoughts is totally fine but maybe you can make it sound less like a problem everybody will run into.
    to ask you the same question again: are you in touch with support by email?
    gs

ps. if you can't change the title yourself (i don't know if users can do this), let me know what you decide for and i'll change it for you

please post your old and the new order number so I can have a look. as for your question, here's some general information: the order status does only change when we prepare to ship. we know this is a bit unfortunate when there is a significant lead time for an order. under normal circumstances, things are on stock and you get a status update pretty fast.
    assuming you did order a Remote and you're using PayPal, we have to send you a payment request once the item is ready to ship because the waiting time is larger than the maximum time, PayPal allows to reserve money for a payment.
    gs