Posts by G String

My order number is:246955 and I have been in "ready to ship" mode for 3 weeks now. If order numbers have any meaning you have a long wait.

apologies for the inconvenience caused, there is clearly something wrong. i've passed on the the info and let you know once i got news.
    gs

Well I'm thoroughly frustrated with this process. I signed up for the early bird list within minutes of the original post, ordered on the 14th as soon as I got the email that I could order. got an email over a week ago saying it would ship soon - at the same time my card was charged and now over a week later nothing and the order still just says in process. This really is the most frustrating $600 I ever spent! BTW my order # was 3447025.

one the one hand i do understand your frustration, most of us dislike waiting. at the same time, we've told you, back in late february, that your order is expected to be delivered on 6/Apr onward.
    gs

My order no is 3447052 yours is 3447076 (not much different)
    My projected delivery date is from April 13th onwards. Same as yours.
    But I ordered and paid for my remote on 15 January (a month before you).
    Looks like my delivery schedule is a month slower than yours.

I live in the UK and you are in the USA.
    Perhaps Kemper could clarify this.

from what i can see in our system, both orders were taken on same date and not a month apart.
    gs

I've got a Profiler Head with the USB B port on the back, which I'm using. The USB cable I bought yesterday and I've tried it with several USB ports on my PC.No difference!!!!
    Besides I guess that if the cable or the USB port didn't function correctly, the device manager wouldn't detect this problem....or am I wrong?

if device manager can see Profiler the core of the problem is the way things are installed on your PC. this is not a general problem. please contact support by email.
    gs

I'm in the UK. I sent the faulty unit back next day March 4th by UPS (it's a four working day service thats used in Europe). I've been dealing with support who liase with sales team. Already had 2 delays in sending replacement due to technical reasons. Now awaiting to see if anything arrives this week. Have been told a unit sent last thurs but no tracking given so I'm in the dark. We don't appear to have a UK rep as per the U.S.

can you please post a ticket number?
    thanks, gs

sixtycycle -
    we are totally sorry. something went completely wrong when your Remote was packaged. in any case, we'll contact you by email and swap this DOA.
    gs

I'm starting to get pissed. I just checked still no email from Support and it's got to be getting close to end of work day in Germany. I gave 2 gigs this weekend and would like to use my $600 brick.. A not smiling Paul

apologies for any inconvenience caused. your ticket is handled by our US office, that's why you don't get a reply on German time. allow them some time on a monday morning, we don't have a call center with dozens of agents.
    gs

The smallest I have is a 16GB Kingston. Just tried your suggestion but I did not have the option to go to 2048bytes. Had to select 4096 which I know wont work but I have very few options at this point so I tried anyway. I even used my son's PC to format it(I was using a MAC before) just to make sure but no dice.

I guess my only option is to buy a new USB stick. Can you recommend me a "Kemper-approved" USB stick so I don't run into these issues in the future? An exact model number, size, brand or even a link to one on Amazon would be great. I'll buy one today.

i'm attempting to fix something which is usually not broken and since it happens so rarely, guesswork is involved. i cannot recommend a stick that will work for sure. as it said, the smaller the better. i've just tried with a 8GB stick and "2048" showed up as an option. maybe that's simply down to the stick itself but to be honest i'm not sure - under normal circumstances, this wouldn't have an influence on the update process.

you basically have two options at this point:
    - you find a stick that works (try as many as you can)
    - you send your Profiler off for repair

if you decide to try on, please don't boot up holding both PAGE keys. instead just put the stick in, boot and check if the software update dialog comes up. i've changed my original step-by-step guide to reflect this. you might want to try again with the key you mentioned also.

of course both options are not ideal but this is pretty much all we can offer and we apologies for the inconvenience caused. in case you opt for repair, send an email to support and we will reply with instructions.
    gs

My Order Number ist 246750, ordered on 13-01-2015. On 12.02.2015 i received al mail, that my status had changed and it is in work now.
    Since then, nothing happened . I live in the same town, you can find the Kemper Company.
    Patience is the virtue of the Kings.

we don't list you as "early bird". that's why your order is not on priority. if you have applied for early bird, please contact support and let them know you order number and the email address you've applied with.
    the status update mail you've received on 12.02 was a human error. apologies for that.
    gs

Any updates on this? My Profiler isn't recognizing any of the OS updates I copy to the drive.

gabaghoul -
    since you discover something extraordinary rare, could you give me a favor and try something out? admittedly, it's a wild guess but maybe it works ...
    - take a small USB stick. as small as possible. 256MB for instance, in other words best you dig out an old one.
    - format the USB stick with small block size and FAT32 formatting. best way to do this is to mount it in windows, right click on it, choose format and adjust "allocated unit size" to the smallest possible value. 2048byte for instance. if you stick only shows bigger sizes, everything from 4096byte up to 64kb my idea will not work.
    - copy the the CHAOS.BIN file into the root directory (that's the top directory)
    - unmount stick
    - switch off Profiler
    - plug USB stick into Profiler
    - switch on profiler, let it boot and check if the software update dialog comes up.

let me know if that gets you somewhere. good luck!
    gs

whippinpost91850 wrote:
    The box is made of very thin and weak cardboard. Not what I expected a $599 peadeal to be shipped in.
    Mine wasn't! I wonder if there are different shipping materials for Europe and the States...
    Cheese,
    Sam

the packaging is the same, everywhere. and IMO it is not thin but surely, that's in the eye of the beholder.
    gs

Thatnks GS. I wasn't looking to accelerate delivery. I was just looking for a way to pay the bank transfer in advance so that the Remote can ship when it is ready. Again, I am not impatient at all. I am happy with my early bird date. I am just trying to get out in front ot it. If there is no way to get the invoice for the bank transfer in advance I will just wait for it when it is ready to go.

ok, I misunderstood you. just write into support and ask them to switch your order to paypal payment request. this way you don't loose time.
    gs

your order number is #3447423 - everything look okay. from what i can see, support gave you good hints on why both your paypal account and CC were denied by the banking authorities in question. we will send you a paypal payment request prior to shipment.
    gs

If you are ever in a supermarket with me don't get behind me in a line, I have a knack for picking the slow ones e.g. the behind the one person with the 50+ coupons or the folks who rummage through their purse of pockets for 5 minutes looking for the exact change only to come up short.

put it into another perspective: the line behind you is substantial.
    gs

My early bird email says third week in April. The option to pay at this point is to pay by bank transfer when I receive notice. Can I expedite the process and complete this in advance? Let me know the best way to go about it at this point.

there is no way to accelerate delivery.
    gs