Posts by G String

hi guys,
    thanks for all the reports and sorry for the bumpy ride so far. we'll make sure that the shopping experience will get much better over the next days. in any case, don't worry about the syntactical issues on the address field, we will take care of that.
    best, gs

I tend to think that my Liquid Foot 12+ has enough displays to cover different switch states and enough crazy functionality to control a looper, it is a bit sad to think that my Kemper will have less functionality based on this approach. Why not work with other vendors to offer support where it makes sense or at least give us the option to use midi CC's or NRPN?

here's a generic example of why things are not that easy. i don't know, if below applies to every 3rd party controller, as i said, it is just to illustrate my point:
    when you hit a button, the controller sends a command of whichever kind. that's easy. but if you have to hold the button for a specific time in order to access a certain mode or define something with the duration of time you're holding that button, things stop working with a simple "send a command" approach. before you start, i'm sure one can find a "workaround" for the hypothetical situation i've described. this here is not intended to be a riddle, it is just an example and also rather simple scenario.
    the bottom line is: we want our looper to be a great performance tool and that's why special hardware is required. and, possible feature upgrades should work instantly, right out of the box.
    best, gs

Is ist possible to somehow prelong looping time? In "Mono-Mode" or with "half speed" (whatever that means)?

"half speed" is a toggle which either speeds the recording up to 200% or reduces speed to 50% (aka half speed). if you record in half speed mode, the loop has a duration of 60 seconds. what you give in this case is the option to half the speed after recording (for sonic or artistic reasons). you can double it though - and then the duration is 30 seconds again.
    now i did my best to totally confuse everybody :)
    gs

Laimon: i'm not burkhard but i might be able to sheet some additional light on that: the looper is highly interactive and Remote is required for the feedback you need to operate it. buttons with multiple meanings and states (depending on the actual situation) require the multi LEDs and the display of Remote. without all the visual aid, you don't even know if you're in record or playback. we want to focus on making our looper great fun and that's why it turned out that Remote is requirement. other boards are not supported.
    best, gs

Great info! Is it possible to program this external switches to send CC messages on midi out on the Kemper?

It will be possible to use the physical MIDI out on Profiler to send out messages when switching. Some details are not final yet, so you have to wait. In any case, we'll make sure that Remote will act and look like the mighty mother octopus on stage :)
    talking about stages and especially huge stages: one can use more than one Remote at the same time. So for instance one can be next to the artists (who uses it to plug-in pedals and engage boosters if needed) and the other one can be back in the guitar den with the guitar tech who's switching and overlooking the rest.
    gs

here's some info for you on the four pedal input on Remote: pedals and switches can be used with those input. and with the help of a splitter cable, two switches can be connected to one input. In other words, Remote itself can be connected to 8(!) additional switches if required. The assignment works on the pedal/switch inputs on Profiler: in a global fashion.

Those four build in buttons can be programmed individually for every rig in a performance. One button can change the state of multiple effects at the same time. This way you can switch entire "scenes" if required or just toggle a single effect on and off, depending on your requirements.

The Quick Start Guide for Profiler Remote can be downloaded here: http://www.kemperamps.com/api/download/dlid/597/

hth, gs

Maybe you better change the usergroup rights for users without registered Profiler unit. Just take away the right to post on personal walls ... and maybe also restrict them from using conversations (aka PMs).

good idea. let's try that instead. and thanks for the offer. i think for now we're good but as you say so yourself, we know where to find you :)
    gs

I don't know whether to be a proud Website Beta Tester or the Big Mouth who lost us a neat list of who's who.

that's a good question and in don't know it either. i'm not a webmaster per se, i just removed the members page. in any case, the team will stay for now. people should know who we are. and, thank you db9091.
    gs

CreateyourFate -

unless you have already done so, please do the following:

- switch off the profiler and wait for a couple of seconds
    - turn it on to BROWSE mode while holding the RIG button for a couple of seconds. Profiler will perform a couple of tests and as a result, the rigs in question should sync again.

if that doesn't work we'd be interested in analyzing a content backup. in order to get this, please perform the following step:

- Attach USB stick to Profiler
    - Switch to BROWSER mode
    - Wait for 10 seconds
    - Select soft button "External Storage"
    - Select soft button "Backup/Restore"- Select "Backup"
    - Once backup has been completed, select soft button "OK" and remove USB stick
    - Mount USB stick on your PC/Mac and open the BACKUP folder.
    - If there are multiple backups, make sure you zip and send us the right one which is usually the last one.

also send us the file called "DebugLog.tx" which can be found here:

Windows: "My Documents\KemperAmps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt"
    Mac: "User/Documents/Kemper Amps/RigManager/DebugLog.txt"

please zip everything and send it into support by email. we'll have a look

best, gs

Please remove the wall posts she (it) wrote as well, thanks.

that would make sense but this is nothing we can do just like that. i cannot even see the PMs others receive or write. but we will not show a list of members anymore to raise the bar an inch.
    gs

you cannot loose anything by updating. the installer doesn't know of those folders and does not delete anything at all. it simply installs a new application and new driver/documentation if required.
    gs

Not yet, The option is grayed out as of now. But I'm sure it will be added in a future revision.

"upload" means "send" to Profiler, not upload onto rig exchange. if it's grey you cannot send something to Profiler for whatever reason. it doesn't mean, we will add an upload from rig manager to rig exchange.
    hth, gs

Actually, if you d&d the files to your local library, you can then just copy the RM's dB onto the second computer and you'll have all of them, including the folders you created to classify your collection and any tag you create\edited.

we strongly advise against that. i'm sure that some of you are fluent with database stuff. but the majority of us is not and there are loads of things which can go wrong. dragging all rigs from rig manager to some other place is save and will work. and as for the structure, there is tagging. use tagging and you will benefit from your work in Profiler as well.
    best, gs