Posts by G String

hi guys,

as you might realize, we have updated the forum. the new version should read much better on mobile devices.
    as it turns out, we have lost about 12hrs worth of posts. apologies for any inconvenience caused, feel free to repost when appropriated.

as a part of the update, pretty much ever database and setting got converted. if you find gremlins or things which don't work, don't hesitate to let us know.

best, gs

ps. rig manager should sync again as well.

Well, according to these terms (that we as RE users have acknowledged once) we would only be allowed to upload rigs that we have profiled ourselves when we interpret the AND as inclusive. If 'and' is interpreted as 'OR' which is also imaginable to me

the AND means that the uploader needs to be the author of both. but we are not totally strict in this regards. in my personal opinion, deriving a rig from two others, tweaking it and uploading it is okay under two conditions:

- the new creation must be worth the upload. "worth" in terms of the community really benefits from it because the blend is good enough to stand out.
    - the author info of at least the profile (amp) and the cab have not been edited.

in a way it is up to you all. the more redundant trash we all find in rig exchange, the longer it will take us to dig out the crown jewels. the more you VOTE for rigs, the the better this indicator becomes.
    gs

where to/from is the traffic generated when RM goes onto the Net?
    Do RM and the RE's remote database need to stay connected or share some information besides the direct downloading (/uploading?) of profiles I explicitly start?
    Is there any check the site has to operate on my RM that would be at risk of failing if I keep some ports closed, or if I only open them when I download/upload something?

rig manager connects with the kemperamps website and uses HTTP requests.
    gs

Just realized that it is possible to change all tags in RM.

you cannot change the author's name in rig manager. and if you select multiple rigs you get a warning before changes are applied to more than one rig. changing the author's name is only possible on the hardware.
    gs

A new public beta version of Kemper Profiler operating system is available for you within the download section

Version 2.6.0 is a feature update which allows you to switch rigs faster, features improved Profiling and refines the interaction in between Kemper Profiler® and Rig Manager.

Other changes and refinements include:
    Recalling a rig has been accelerated
    Improved support for "Gordius" foot controller
    Improvement to low frequency response (“LFC”)
    Improvements to communication and appearance with Rig Manager
    Tuner page waits a little time to chime in when volume pedal is set to zero.
    Direct Output performs spillover when set to Master Output
    Main Output EQ works with all Output Sources with the exception of “Git”

enjoy!

GS, what are 'damaged rigs' in this context? From what I understand this happened with rigs that were perfectly playable before?
    Is there a kind of damage that only becomes apparent when trying to delete a rig via RM?

i realise that my attempt to simplify the explanation backfires ... :) we talk about rigs which cannot be deleted. the content of the rigs in question is fully okay. but when rig manager requests Profiler to delete them, it does't work out due to an inconstancy.
    it's a bit like a postman living in germany who's used to the house number always being a suffix to the road's name. one day, he has do deliver a post card from the UK to "240 Kemper Road" (which features the house number as a prefix to the roads name). poor postman cannot find the road "240" ... of course it is not exactly like this, it is just something that needs to be addressed. all we try to do is to smarten up the postman ;)
    gs

Looks like this issue hasn't been fixed yet. Deleted 200 rigs from my Profiler using RigManager for Mac. Rigs were gone in the RigManager's list but still they were there on my Profiler's list. Had to do the RIG-Reboot trick to fix the list shown on the Profiler.

we are aware of the issue. from what we understand, it occurs when Profiler contains damaged rigs which cannot be deleted. a future firmware will address the problem.
    gs