Posts by G String

windows automatically downloads and installs the required version of the .net framework once an application installer signals that it is required. since so many programs use .net, there is a good chance that the framework is already there when you install rig manager. if it doesn't install but your PC is online, there is something fundamentally wrong with your windows installation.
    best, gs

As it turns out, we had to disable this board to support Tapatalk. support might come back in the future but unless a secure version of the Tapatalk plug-in which works in conjunction with this bulletin board is released, there is no other way. if somebody familiar with the details has an idea on where to get an secure TT plug-in for version 3 boards, please let us know.
    gs

thanks for bringing this up and asking for an explanation.

"platform wars" are not welcome on this board. rig manager will be available for mac in 2014. this is what we stated in our january press release. you can discuss rig manager in any depth you choose but thread dominated by platform opinions might be closed because they don't belong inside the rig manager forum. c'mon, there is just enough of that stuff already we all know that.
    as for fungus: complain away, we're happy to listen. as it turns out, unless RM for mac is out, people will ask for it. that's totally fine. the arguments which eventually happen later on, in regards of what's better, are not.

have a good evening, gs

well that couldn't happen.. Mac's didn't exist in 1961...

but hey... I'm proud of you for owning one; do you use it?! :D

"I'a 30 year PC tech that switched to Macs about 3 years" can be interpreted as you're at an age of 30, i guess. and if you would know me at all, you would not ask this question :D gs

rig manager does not download everything all the time. it requests a list of changes since the last sync and only downloads the rigs in question. the issue you have might indicate that there is a problem with the local database. drag the following file to the desktop. it will force rig manager to build the database again. maybe that will help:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\.KPA#serial#.db (#serial is the serial number of your profiler).

hth, gs

My only problem with this is if you are 3 pages down in the Free Exchange and copy/paste you have to go to the Kemper folder and when you return to the Free Exchange folder you are at the top again. Quite annoying, especially with over 4000+ profiles! I wish there was a way to copy/paste to another folder without leaving the folder you are in, but this is still software in it's infancy.

i'm not certain if i understand you right but you can simply drag the rig in question to another location and the focus will not change.
    gs

the installer is not relying on an internet connection but you PC might need to install a couple of things which Rig Manager requires. if you had a previous version installed successfully, you might want to de-install and re-install since the requirements have not changed.
    best, gs