Posts by Bluesman

Ok - first of all I want to say, that it is not the time for complaining now, since we have a nice tool now to manage our rigs. We wished it desperately and it's there now. I am sure that it will be improved by the time. I just want to point out that the search should be on the list first. At least for me. It must be possible to narrow down a search to only one column. But, like I said - no complaints - just a wish.

Tokai guitars are great. I sold all my Fenders and Gibsons and bought vintage Tokais. There is a big hype about guitars. Most of it is nonsense. They just want to make you buy their expensive crap.
    Here is my collection. Two 80th Tokai Springys and one fake chinese LP Custom didn't make it to the website yet. The equipment section has to be updated too. I sold everything. Just kept the Petersburg P-100 and some speaker cabs.

http://www.bluesroxxx.com/band…nn/ueber_gitarren/35.html

Hi folks,

yes, it's me again - coming from new years party. I am hours ahead, we are through already. But, yes your are totally right. If they don't get their sh*t together soon, they will loose - simple as that. The KPA is not a relgion. It's a commercial product, not more ansd not less. It is good. It is very good. But without an editor it will be sh*t as soon another company will arive with the full package. Be sure they are already on their way. So Kempers - we really apreciate, but we can't wait any longer. I refused the AxeFX because it was to hard to dial in the right tone. That's easy with the KPA. But I cannot get a grip on my sounds without an editor. You have to imagine, that I sit at my PC and doing everything there, but the stuff regarding my KPA. That's not ok.

Hi folks,
    I just got back from a little party. Yes - I might be a bit drunk. But you know, drunk poeple tell the truth. I am really fed up with always tip toeing: Oh - can we please have an editor?? F**ck - if they cannot deliver, is there anyone else who can? I buy! That's rediculous. Forgive my bad english and my inpolite form. But enough is enough - I am tired of turning knobs on my KPA. They almost fall appart - sh****t!!! I go to sleep now :sleeping: :D

Nice to hear. Are you interested in a little knowledge exchange? I am in Phuket, but occasionally I am in Bangkok. Just 2 weeks ago I checked out the music stores in China Town. Nobody knew about the KPA.
    Maybe we get together via email?

Best regards!
    Klaus

What's wrong with using a good ol' cabinet?

In order to get the real interaction it would have to be very loud. But I would like to have the organic tone also on lower loudness levels. I am sure it is possible (some time).

I know. But it should be possible to emulate this with software. You just dial in the loudness, frequenz span and level of effiency (maybe also with a pedal) and let the KPA surprises you with random unexpected blooming tones and feedback. If you want the real feel, you need a sensor on your guitar belt (or on your guitar) and then you can move towards your KPA to create your disired feedback.

. . . because at least pop, funk and (traditional) blues should be a category of its own too.

Hendrik

To answer my question we could narrow it down to metal or others :) Blues is in the list already.
    I just wanted to know how big the part of metal and joining genres like hardrock against other types of music is. Other types are a big field. It is more a question of organic related to technical sounds.
    Organic for me are traditional sounds like in blues, blues rock, jazz, country aginst more technically branches like metal and yes, even fusion. This is a difficult discussion, because everybody has his own point of view to their prefered music style. I am not trying to say that there is good and bad music.
    Maybe I am just not able to hear all the facets of a typical metal sound. But I can hear it in the other genres.

Interesting, I voted Bluesrock and Hardrock but I totally expected Metal to be the #1 because it 'seems like' most demos and profiles are based on Metal.

I had (have) the same impression. Too bad that the poll is not saying much. Not enough votes. Yes - and for sure it should be more differentiated. It still is interesting to me, because a product should be formed to serve the needs of the costumers. And if the majority of customers are metal heads, then I expect the product to develop in this direction. For me it would be the wrong direction. Most metal sounds demanding high gain profiles. If you follow Peter Weihe in his very sophisticated KPA-test, you know that high gain sounds are easier to produce and in this disciplin even other devices are quite convincing. I think the KPA reached a level, where there is a new barrier which has to be taken. I own a lot of profiles (most from TAF) which are quite good. But now I see that the progress slows down. Probably because of the fact that we aproach our goal - to have the same sound and feel like playing a real amp. We are not there yet. I needs more improvement. I fear that the "metal" sounds are not leading towards this direction.
    Maybe some metal lovers feel offended by my thoughts. It is not my intention. It is only my opnion here. I am not a metal follower. I don't know much about this genre of music. But I found out that the sounds which are prefered for this kind of music are not serving my needs. The next level for me would be to breath more life into the profiles by adding the interaction of speaker and pickups. This is where it gets interesting for me. My guitar tone should be alive. That's what I am used to when I played real tube amps. This is something I am missing.

Yes - you are right. There are a lot more genres to consider. But I had something in mind with the poll and the few styles of music are enough for me to see what I would like to see. I let you all know later. Just need more inputs.

I am interested to know what style of music you are primarily in. I know that there are more genres and I also know that a open minded player could mark all answers. But what style is your favourite?
    Why is it interesting to me? Because the majority often determines the direction the products features. Just curious.

You can mark up to 2 genres.

Hi folks,
    I am having serious problems with my guitar set up. Here is how everything is hooked up:

220 V power outlet (grounded) into Belkin multi-outlet powerstrip - connected with KPA / 2 wegdes / Crate Powerblock / laptop adapter

The KPA is hooked up to the inputs of a Line6 UX2 - outputs to wegdes. UX2 is connected with laptop via USB.
    KPA monitor out was connected with a Crate Powerblock

Now the story: Before the setup above the power came from a Furman Power Factory Pro and then into the devices. 3 days ago I came into the room and I noticed a smell of burning. Next I found out that the power cable to the Furman Power Factor was burnt and the power was shut down. While I tried another cable I saw that it overheated too and the Furman said good bye to me with some nice clouds of smoke. Before I tried the Furman with no other devices connected and it worked so far. But with other devices connected it just started sizzling and I also got an electric shock by touching the metal chassis. It felt like real 220 V (not a creeping current). Maybe the big capacitor was blown? I don't know. I opened it but I couldn't see any burn marks.

This is part one of the story. Now part two: Today I connected as descibed at the top. Because the hum while playing was much more than normaly I tried to hook up everything again. I thought maybe it has to do with the order I plug into the power sockets. Whatever - no idea and no change. Than I remembered the groundlift at the back of the KPA. I switched the one for the monitor out and it blew the fuse of the Belkin. I detached all the devices and switched on the Belkin again. Then a connected the power cable to the Crate Powerblock and it started sizzling and smelling. After trying another cable on another power outlet it did the same so I can conclude that it also died.

I have to say that I am living in Thailand. Maybe it is important to mention. Any idea what causes the problems? Maybe it is just accidental that two devices broke down? Why did it happened while I switched the ground lift?

I would be glad if somebody has some hints. Thanks.

For my opinion a real lifely guitar tone needs a portion of feedback. Something unpredictable. Not necessarily a long howling feedback. Just an interaction between the speaker cab and the strings and pickups. It wouldn't hurt if also a feedback like on Parisienne Walkways would be possible. Fender has something in this direction with their runaway pedal.

Anybody here who had problems with his Matrix GT800FX poweramp? I used mine on our last tour. Worked fine so far. But now it is dead. Input seems to be ok. But no output anymore. Maybe somebody had the same problem and can give me a hint where to look for. Sometimes little things causing big problems. Tried cables and different settings (stereo/parallel) already. Any idea?

Amongst others Jimi Page used 2 Petersburg P-100 at the London concert. This is a nice amp and very rare. I have one for sale if anybody is interested. Also uploaded profiles of this amp. Amp is located in germany.