Posts by clarkydaz

coincidence thread bump. I have an issue with external loopers in the fx loop AFTER stack, there is a big volume drop compared to the stomps section where it works as normal. tried with 2 different loopers and both give a volume drop.

Can you put the looper between the monitor out and kemper kab?

I’ve got it set up exactly like you should..stereo pedals (mobius, timeline, big sky) into a stereo loop with the appropriate cables, into 1 kemper rig. I have it setup exactly like this video details:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It worked perfectly for the year or so I did it, now it doesn’t since I updated software a few days ago. Tried restarting the kemper etc..not sure what to do and guess I’ll chalk it up to a software update bug since I’m not hearing any other reasoning

Any progress? ive tried earlier firmwares, all seem the same. i tried a different looper pedal and it gives the extreme same volume drop. However when i put an old wah and phaser pedal in the loop they work as they should. in fact the wah is louder and less compressed in the effects side. What is confusing is you say you had it working for a year and now it doesnt. Very frustrating

Thank you for the comment, but I just tried doing a stereo effects loop in a stomps module and it’s the same problem as if I assign a stereo loop to an effects module. Tried assigning a stereo loop to multiple modules on both sides of the kemper, same result.

Glad to know I’m not the only one with this problem though..any other suggestions to fix it? Or is this just a software bug that needs to be fixed?

this is actually the first time ive used the fx loop, so i was perplexed. i was using mono loop getting the normal volume in the stomps, maybe try that in meantime, if theres a difference in mono/stereo on both sides

I was looking at the BAM200 at MF and read multiple reviews that complained it has no power and they doubt the 200W claim. They say it seems more like 30 or 40W and would only be good for maybe an acoustic gig. Would this be because they're going through higher ohm speakers maybe? Those that use it with the KONE seem pretty thrilled and I don't recall any power complaints. Is it adequate power for a large venue?

i was using mine at home, dont think i pushed it past 9/10 o clock

somebody took the effort to find the tonestack values for a flat EQ on thwe BAM200.

Finally got my Bam200 and I have to say it sounds amazing. I’ve always played through a L6 firehawk 1500 and a cerwin Vega cve-10 which sounded decent but playing through an actual cab sounds the best to me. Never been happier with my Kemper. Thanks for the input on the Bam200 everyone.

someone recently took the effort to find the tonestack values for a flat EQ on the BAM200. very helpful and useful im sure

Thanks for the reply Bob and apologies for being a bit slow but.... I don’t understand what this means. Does this mean that each profile can now have a different Kone imprint applied? So if I change from a Marshall to a Fender, the Kone automatically changes too from Greenbacks to Jensons for instance?

If it does, is this something I have to program / save with the rig? Or can I pull up a ToneJunkie profile and it ‘just knows’ (I doubt this but don’t know!)

yes you can lock any imprint to a profile automatically in the cabinet section, and then save it

Could someone link me to what I’d need to buy in terms of the Icepower? It’s a bit confusing.

this is UK based, but its what you are looking for

https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower200asc

you want the cable pack to go along with it

Maybe other Americans can mention where they got theirs. there is a big thread on here regarding the intsall and many of us have done it, highly recommended. Low price and flexibility to put it in any cab you wish