Posts by Ingolf

Well, difficult to tell what YOU want here and what to say.
    So, please don't take my comments personal. ;)

As you asked for impressions as to which part we like best:
    That's the problem, this is not a song yet but 4 parts played in succession without the cohesive element where my gut feeling tells me "YES, now this next part HAS TO come!"
    And it seems to me you don't know either which part you want to feature, around which part the song could be centered.

Part A could be the intro of a song, but if heavily featured it could also be the centre of a riff rocker.
    Part B complements A pretty well so personally I would concentrate on working with A/B.

Part C has nothing to do with A and B, seems like a stranger in a strange land. Make a different song from it.
    Part D is also a stranger as is doesn't complement any of the other parts. Also it sounds like a bad rip off of 'Verdamp lang her ' by BAP, sorry. :)
    At this stage, IMO, you need to work with somebody like a singer who brings in the melodic, 'hookline' elements and helps to make a song out of different elements, in this case make a song out of A/B and write a good chorus for it.

As you mentioned the drums: they sound static and awkward.
    If you programmed them, well, you should get better at programming.
    If you used loops you definitely need more variation.
    If you used Jamstix, ... no you didn't as it would sound miles better then.

Actually I feel that any discussion about sound or drums is a bit premature at this point as the song is not ready yet.

Hi !! I really hope you're joking ??? ?(

Waraba, I have a feeling they mean it.
    And there are certain people who think that the guitar sound made by Sneap/Richardson is the center of the guitar universe.
    Well, it isn't, although their achievement certainly has its merits.
    But there are gazillion MORE cool sounds and approaches to be had and explored.

When they'll be older they will certainly appreciate history more.

When I still had my Line 6 Vettas I used the dual amps function all the time to get 'that' richness in tone that was otherwise missing.
    With the profiler I don't miss anything.

MMMMMMH, i think i got it worse. My wife loves the toaster for seeing me happy as a child on Christmas every time i plug my axe into the profiler. But my drummer wants me and my bandmate guitarist to pay a euro every time we say "profile" "Profiler" "Kemper" "awesome" or any other imaginable word to express our affiction. I'm about to get ruined ;(.

Hmm the solution would be 'Shut up 'n' enjoy' then... :)

FOH refused to go direct out of the Kemper for me yesterday. Was telling me for like 10 minutes that he was experiencing guitarists using all sort of modelers and it all sounded like crap. Well, it was a festival, so no time to discuss. Played the Kemper through poweramp and cab then. I guess he didn't even notice :)

This is an exception, but yes, it happens.
    In my case there was always time to convince them, though.... :rolleyes:

The compressor in the amp section is truly amazing.
    It's a unique feature to the profiler.
    I have said this from day one.
    It should get much more praise and appreciation here.

I don't get the intention of the OP.
    The profiler excels at what it does.
    In no way it should mimick the Axe.
    If you really need dual, buy 2 profilers.
    With 3 profilers you could theoretically do multiamp rigs.
    Shouldn't the Axe aim for that?

Fun aside: they are different machines.