Posts by Ingolf

I agree.
    The coloration of the Simul 2:90 is neglectable IMO.
    The cab is what colors most.

OTOH there are several poweramps available that can power any cab (FRFR and guitar cab) that weigh much less than the Mesa.
    You might take this into consideration.
    I'd think you will be better off with the powered rack.

Our St. Patricks Day gig was one with two stages, twelve bands, as well as DJs, a pipe and drum corp, live radio station coverage.
    (it was in DUBLIN, um...er...Ohio) LOL

A singer from another band walked up to me, and asked: "What are you using for a guitar amp?"
    I pointed to the Kemper - he asked to see it, so he could tell HIS guitar player about it :)

He said "It sounds terrific - everything you play sounds great with that thing! "

Hehe, funny how a singer could even be bothered.
    ;)
    Things happen that way with the KPA.
    Oh, that rhymes... :D

Hey Tony, never had a problem to get in as a trade visitor, just give a business card with the name of your company and you'll get a ticket. They just try to keep the kids away in those days.

That's true. No explanation required. You can even buy your ticket this way online beforehand.
    Do it, Tony! ;)

I don't know what you mean by full factory reset. what do you want to achieve?

System reset is as follows: Hold the system key while switching the KPA to tuner.
    This will erase all your system settings but not your rigs.

Use with caution.
    Why do you want to do it?

Wrong! These two different scopes are another reason for all this confusion about the "Senses":
    Clean Sense goes from 0 to 10
    Dist Sense goes from -5 to +5 with default at <0.0>

I stand corrected.

Now PAULTS's examples make at least some sense to me.

For me every clean sound needs to have a tiny bit of grit of saturation in it and every crunch sound certainly has lots of clean parts, especially in the pianissimo range and in the ring out phase of every note.

I agree with you on this as I want my cleans to have a bit of grit as well.
    If my memory serves me well the Roland JC 120 is the only amp I have played that doesn't break up even a little bit when cranked.

ok please tell me how you guys use your kemper live. just say each song had 4 profiles, how would you set that up with midi? can i set up each song to have a different "bank: like the line 6 or not? i am a midi nooB

Yes, you can.
    But what you can do depends on the layout and capabilities of your midi controller.

You can
    - change rigs by sending Program Changes
    - switch on/off FX by sending Controller Changes
    - controlling wah, volume, delay mix etc. with a pedal by sending Controller Changes

Hey guys

I was wondering if any of you have used a combo of 2 mics to make a profile? I'm sure in a studio setting this can probably be achieved but how about those of us that have limited tools to use?

I use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 interface to record through my laptop at home. It has 8 ins but only 2 monitor outs....would I be able to do this and if so, how would I hook this all up? I get the best results when I record using 2 mics so if I can make a profile of that, that would be great!

A lot of people with Multi- Mic setups have got good results using a cheap hardware mixer like a Mackie or Behringer.
    Makes it very easy to mix and match the various Mic- signals and feed the sum back to the profiler.

Yes, but hot pickups will remain hot pickups.
    And you can't lower distortion sense below zero which is the default.
    To weaken hot PU's you would lower clean sense instead.

What CK said about low output pickups OTOH makes perfect sense, like I tried to outline above. 8)

It's easy: the KPA doesn't switch FX but FX slots.
    For a live setting it's recommended to keep your signal chain the same (i.e. distortion, wah, compressor say assigned to the same FX slots).

Eminence's 'Swamp Thang' guitar speaker: I highly recommend this speaker to anyone who wants to boost the level and low end of their 1x12 combo or enclosure without moving up to a larger rig. This speaker is amazingly efficient, and does not crap out when the low end is pushed hard and loud! It comes in either 8 or 16 ohms, and is rated at 150 watts. Although mine are not fully broken in, I can already hear a huge difference from the quality speakers they've replaced (Celestion, Fender, EV). If you've ever wanted your open back amp/cab to have the fatter low end of a closed back setup, this seems to be the best option ever made available, Imho...

~Radley~

Interesting, with 59 oz Magnet weight it doesn't seem to be to heavy as well.
    How is the highend with them?

It makes sense a vintage strat would need more Distortion Sense for High Gain. The opposite is also true. High output pickups need less than average Distortion Sense with other people's profiles.

Umm... no, not really.
    The 'average' distortion sense would be exactly Zero which is the default setting.
    Increasing this makes sense only if you wish to have more gain for all rigs if you have only low output pickups (which IMO would be undesirable because in this case you would drive any profile too hard and miss on the goodness of vintage single-coils). I would prefer to drive specific profiles anytime by inreasing the specific gain or use a boost.

Decrease the Distortion sense, so those hot pickup guitars will sound roughly the same with unedited user and factory stock as intended.

Exactly this normally shouldn't be possible as dist sense defaults to zero.
    If somebody uploads a profile with dist sense other than zero I will usually not be affected by this (maybe don't even realize it) as my input is locked for my guitars.
    But actually my thesis is: if somebody tinkered with the dist sense before uploading it the chance is that the profile in itself doesn't sound very good or at least unusual.

My conclusion is to second CK's proposal: Hands off distortion sense except for unusal/temporary tasks (like somebody borrows you a guitar just before a gig because yours is broken and the pickups are much lower than the ones you normally use). ;)

Yes, I think that's what Don dialed in.