Posts by Ingolf

Hehe, FAS status without the negatives... 8)
    I for one think it's great that the KPA has always been available in huge numbers w/o waiting list.
    And I have no doubt it will stay this way also with the racked ones.

When I record with SPDIF I use a combo monitor amp at the same time when I want easy feedback.
    It doesn't have to be insanely loud but the interaction PU's to speaker is much more natural this way.

The Kemper approach to cabs is totally different from IR's and sounds much better.
    The cabloader is just a service for people who like to experiment.
    I haven't done this myself yet, but most people Report that they don't care much for IR's after being spoiled by original KPA profiles/cabs.

Just to get it straight: I don't believe that retrofitting the KPA with the amp for people in the U.S. means sending the unit to Germany.
    There's an U.S. service center that should be able to do this.

And when this gets rolling I imagine the turnaround will be only days.

Hmm I dunno.
    I still have the feeling that the manual doesn't get enough love by many fully grown male individuals...
    The example list above gives me a feeling of redundancy...

My sentiments.

Confirmed.
    You can do this for a while, don't know exactly since when.

My Focusrite Saffire 24 carries the dry SPDIF signal on channel 5, wet is 6.
    Look up the manual of your Audio interface.

Pick, the thing is that the Mustang is not meant to reproduce your signal neutrally, and, like any guitar speaker, it doesn't sound too good with cab sim on.

But to me shootout showed that what you get with a guitar speaker with monitor out + cab off is as equally as good as with a FRFR solution with cab sim on.
    And still you get the differences of using different cabs in the KPA, that's the genius of cabdriver.

Therefore I don't consider this unfair but revealing.
    Remember the cabdriver feature was brand new then.

For my personal taste and also the guys in my band the Camper was a bit too muffled in the top end and I preferred the Atomic.

But my ultimate consequence of the shootout was this: sell the Atomic and use the Mustang.

Since the implementation of cabdriver I don't consider FRFR mandatory any longer and I encouraged anybody to strongly consider it instead of FRFR.

Difficult question on one hand, but easy on the other.

There are already thousands of very good profiles available, free ones and commercial ones, and even profiles that don't appeal to me instantly can be tweaked to really awesome results when you change cabs etc.
    Therefore, in order to not get lost in the rabbit hole forever, I demand the following for a profile:

It doesn't matter if it is hyped in the forums till the cows come home:
    1. If it doesn't attract me the first 20 secs of playing it I will ditch it, delete it and move on. Im very restrictive with myself here.
    2. If it attracts me I will put it aside, play with EQ, compression and other deper parameter to get a feeling for this profile.
    3. Eventually it becomes a favourite.
    4. Forget about a 'potentially better profile'.
    While it may be possible that it it exists I have learned that with the KPA I can forget about the search for a holy grail profile and simply play because it sounds that good. THIS was never the case with all the modellers I have used before the KPA.