Posts by Ingolf

FYI:
    I requested cabdriver for both monitor out and direct out quite a while ago.
    The summary of the conversation was that it's not likely to happen as the cabdriver calculation is quite demanding.

The consequence is: if you MUST have your signal in stereo on stage you have to go FRFR.
    One monitor output with cabdriver and the other without doesn't appeal to me.

Absolutely +1
    Rudest tone, name calling with no cause, way over the top.

I'm asking myself:
    We know that with the KPA a lot of the profiled amp's DNA is baked into the cab portion of the profile.

What flavour will a Redwirez IR bring to the table?

I should try this sometime. I have a bundle of Redwirez somewhere from my Axe days.

The problem is: it's not easy for me to be really bothered as the KPA's cabs sound so damn good.

But thanks to the dev team for the options anyway.

Dripping with reverb? No.
    Reverb doesn't get profiled in the profiling process.

About the popularity of HG profiles: Not exactly my cup of tea, but you could be right...
    8)

Well, to make my expectations a bit more clear:
    I'm still clinging a bit to Line 6’s paradigm of different delays that do different things well (Tape delay, Reverse delay, Ping Pong Delay etc.) and which are all controllable by tap.
    I understand that the KPA's analog delay is different to the tap delay which resembles a digital delay plus modulation plus filter, but why not expose tap controllability in all different delay types?

That said I wish there were more feedback on voting. If someone gives you a 1 star they should have the decency to say what disappointed them so a profile can be improved.

That said, I'll keep my rigs to myself and anyone who PMs me.

Keeping your profiles to yourself would be a pity IMO.
    OTOH I can completely understand you.
    I handle it differently anyway:
    If a profile doesn't impress me I don't give my vote in the first place.
    And if I don't bother about a profile or a clip I don't feel the need to voice my opinion publicly.
    That evokes too much negativity IMO.
    I wish more people would follow that 'convention'.
    In the end it's horses for courses and a matter of taste anyway, which isn't debatable.
    So please keep on sharing and don't be put off by one or 2 naysayers.

Please refer to the manual.
    If the other delays were available for Tap, they were a Tap Delay. The Tap thing or milliseconds is the only difference between the delays.

Agreed.
    I (secretly) hope there will be other delays, e.g. reverse, that also will have tap for controlling.

Put the KAOS.BIN in the root directory of the USB stick, then start the KPA while pressing <PAGE>.
    KPA will now boot from USB.