Posts by Guitartone

I haven't checked the trademark search system on the U.S. Patent and Trademark office website, but I'd be willing to bet that Friedman has his name and all of the names of the amps he produces trademarked. If a profiler is using Mr. Friedman's trademarked names, then you can bet his attorneys will be going after the ingringers. I've heard some stories of specific and very prominent profilers who have received some nasty "cease and desist" letters from some very well known amp builders to stop using trademarked names. Suhr comes to mind.

I would agree with Mr. Friedman or any other trademark owner if their trademark is being infringed, but I don't think the use of a trademark is the real issue after watching the video. Just my take.

I haven't checked the trademark search system on the U.S. Patent and Trademark office website, but I'd be willing to bet that Friedman has his name and all of the names of the amps he produces trademarked. If a profiler is using Mr. Friedman's trademarked names, then you can bet his attorneys will be going after the ingringers. I've heard some stories of specific and very prominent profilers who have received some nasty "cease and desist" letters from some very well known amp builders to stop using trademarked names. Suhr comes to mind.

I would agree with Mr. Friedman or any other trademark owner if their trademark is being infringed, but I don't think the use of a trademark is the real issue after watching the video. Just my take.

I have to chuckle.

John Suhr was one of the 17 guitar companies that opposed the Fender Trademark applications in the US Trademark Trial and Appeal Court in 2004.

Tom Anderson was another, etc, etc.

In 2009 the Court ruled against Fender and for the 17 opposers, which is why John Suhr and every other guitar builder in the world can make Strats , Teles and the P-Bass shapes.

Now he's sending Cease & Desist letters. :D

These amp builders should be paying commercial Profilers to use the actual name of their amps in their Profile name...it's the best free advertising they could ever hope for and chances are the free advertising increases their amp sales.

The owners manual that came with my first Line 6 Pod I bought in 1996 had a photo of every amp modelled using the actual name of the amp...Line 6 have never had a lawsuit filed against them by any amp manufacturer.

The Kemper has made Dave Friedman more famous than he was prior to the Kemper being released, he shouldn't be complaining he should be thanking CK. .

I like the new video angles on this one, looks awesome!

As for the tone comparison, I can't hear a difference and I'm listening through Genelec studio monitors.

Btw I was listening to a guy play a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 in a music store yesterday and then last night I noticed on Youtube you did a demo of one for a music store?

Any chance you're going to Profile this amp?

Great playing on the clips, Jarick, some great sounding juicy distortion tones.

You could have said you used 4 different Profiles and no one would have known you used the one Dirty Shirley. :)

I think the 'you can't really tweak the Kemper gain knob' was an urban myth started at The Gear Page in 2011/12.

Often I walk into the amp room in music stores and someone is playing the Kemper for the first time.

Sounds great, nice crunchy tone, then I check what Profile he's playing and it's a clean Fender Deluxe Reverb profile that he's turned the gain up on...he didn't you weren't supposed to do that and he's loving the tone . :)

Are you sure you're using them correctly?

I started a comment thread about rigs sounded different (in a bad way) after the newest update. Low end sounds fuzzy and undefined on high gain profiles. There’s a static sound running through the entire profile.

I wanted to roll back to the previous OS to troubleshoot this but Kemper took all the previous versions away for some unknown reason...

I hope they offer a roll back because I can’t hang with the new sounds and either can the guys local to me that know have the same issue since the update.

Sad state of affairs.

Make a Backup of your Kemper.

Then start up your KPA holding down the top left button above the screen.

That will put you in "Maintenance" mode, then "Intl Flash".

Then restore your backup, your Kemper will sound perfect as it was before....no need to roll back to a previous firmware.

Great playing and great tones. All I use it Mbritt profiles but I have never used the 69 Marshall profile live. I have the pack. Are there any tweaks to that profile or is it straight out of the box?

The 69 Profiles are superb straight out the box.

Mark likes using the 'Soft Shaper' as a boost for solos, not many tweaks besides that.

Some live footage I took using my Huawei P10.

A friend of mine Mark Beling (forum member) doing a solo Friday evening gig at a local Bar here in Joburg SA.

Using a Tokai ATE98B Custom and various Michael Britt Profiles, using the 69 Marshall 50 G7 (Soft Shaper boost for solos) for the "Still got the blues", also Match Spitfire 2R from Grab & Go pack for "Message in a bottle".

A couple of songs...obviously using the Huawei mic, sounds good through studio monitors and headphones.