Posts by Guitartone

IRs are old technology, they were used on the Line 6 Pod 1.

Does the Kemper really need IRs, surely the cabinets in the KPA are part of it's unique magical tone, why try and fix what aint broken?

Besides, from what I've read from Axe-FX and 11R users it seems they spend hundreds of hours scanning through IRs, with the Kemper that seems like a waste of time because the cabs sound so good as they are.

I reckon Christophe could make an Editor in his sleep, no problem.

Do we really need one, that's the question?

Usually we want a PC Editor because it's so difficult to tweak on the unit itself.
    I remember when I got my HD500...after two days I had pulled muscles in my neck and back, I felt like I'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson., I never wanted to bend down ever again.:)

For me the KPA is the PC Editor, it's like looking at an Editor on your PC screen, instead of using your mouse you use your fingers. :thumbup:

Chris

Mine does the same thing, exactly as you're describing it.
    It only started doing that when I did a firmware update a few weeks ago, before that it was fine.
    I'm currently on firmware 6895.

I agree, it's a bug, not a problem with the knob itself.

One of the Kemper tester sold is unit for this issue (metal player).

Oh well, if ONE metal guitarist from France sold his Kemper then there we have it, it's official, spread the word, the Kemper can't do metal tones. :thumbup:
    Do you know how many guitarists have sold their Axe-FXs because for some reason they didn't like it, that doesn't change the fact that the Axe-FX is one of the great "gear" inventions of all time.

If we judged every piece of guitar gear by the fact that a guitarist sold it because he wasn't happy with it, then we'd all be drummers.

I don't agree with one thing you said in your entire post. :)

Listen to these clips, everything you say the Kemper doesn't have you can clearly hear in every one of these clips.
    The Kemper doesn't have sparkling highs, are you kidding? (listen to the Bad Cat clip, the Matchless and Vox clips))
    "Fast stuff" sounds strange...what does that mean? (listen to the High Gain clip with extremely fast legato runs, and the Tele-Pathy clip, the fast parts towards the end)
    The Kemper seems to prefer guitars with moderate output level...what does that mean? (all the clips are done with different guitars)

http://soundcloud.com/temper59

Armin

Thanks for taking the time to make the Axe-FX11 Profiles, but, I don't expect much from them because the Kemper sound/audio/tone/clarity/dynamics/feel/touch/ quality is better than the Axe-FX11...it's clear to hear., it's been confirmed by anyone who owns or who's played both units.

You haven't confirmed it yet because that's not what you do, you remain "neutral", you have to.