Posts by Guitartone

I'm a dimwit when it comes to computer technology, etc...

Surely a huge percentage of the coding in the algorithm of a modeller like the Helix or Axe-FX is wasting memory space....like CK mentions, "It is all about memory to keep all this code in the hardware"

They model an individual amp, so the coding has to include every aspect of that individual amp.

But, every amp has it's sweet spots, I've never met a guitarist who didn't introduce me to his tube amp by immediately setting it to the sweet spots he's discovered over the years.

So all the other non sweet spots settings of the amp that the Helix or Axe-FX coding covers is a waste of memory space and engineering time?

Yes I know there are those who want the Gain and Tone controls to function like they do on the amp, but Kemper has proved that in the end that's not as important as the final tone we hear and feel...and CK achieves that with less waste of memory space.

So CK's coding/algorithm is more of a motherboard/CPU upgrade than an actual motherboard/CPU upgrade. :)

Long time Fractal owner here, from the Ultra era, the II and the III. It serve me well over the years but the major difference to me with the Kemper is the IR. I can't stand playing through any off them. The Kemper feel like the real thing. The cabinet module is part of the profile. And even if you swap it for another one, it feels real. I don't understand why Fractal keeps holding on to IR's as in my opinion is a tone sucker. So it's no surprise Helix and all other platforms sounds similar as they all use IR's.

Boom!!!

Been waiting for someone to say/realize that for a few years now. :)

The Kemper magic that makes it greater than all others is the Kemper Cabinet...not IRs.

If you own a Kemper you don't need to fall into the buying IRs trap and scrolling through hundreds of them trying to find the one that fixes your tone, the Kemper Cabinets are the tone!

It didn't survive 3 days in my bedroom. Hoping Kemper will be changing the building ways. They've said the foot switch problem has been sorted and changes are on the assembly line now. Just waiting for the rest to be confirmed, they are waiting for my unit to return to investigate the broken knob issues. So unit's being sent out now could potentially still have this broken knob issue.

I think we get your message.

If you've ever owned a Line 6 product you'll know who Glenn Delane is, well he's absolutely loving his Kemper "Stage".

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm confused.

Is there a 7.1 or 7.0b version for the Stage?

The 7.1 update in the Downloads says do not use for Stage.

Where can I get the Kaos file that fixes the apparent bug for the "Stage" without using Rig Manager?

I haven't checked the trademark search system on the U.S. Patent and Trademark office website, but I'd be willing to bet that Friedman has his name and all of the names of the amps he produces trademarked. If a profiler is using Mr. Friedman's trademarked names, then you can bet his attorneys will be going after the ingringers. I've heard some stories of specific and very prominent profilers who have received some nasty "cease and desist" letters from some very well known amp builders to stop using trademarked names. Suhr comes to mind.

I would agree with Mr. Friedman or any other trademark owner if their trademark is being infringed, but I don't think the use of a trademark is the real issue after watching the video. Just my take.

I haven't checked the trademark search system on the U.S. Patent and Trademark office website, but I'd be willing to bet that Friedman has his name and all of the names of the amps he produces trademarked. If a profiler is using Mr. Friedman's trademarked names, then you can bet his attorneys will be going after the ingringers. I've heard some stories of specific and very prominent profilers who have received some nasty "cease and desist" letters from some very well known amp builders to stop using trademarked names. Suhr comes to mind.

I would agree with Mr. Friedman or any other trademark owner if their trademark is being infringed, but I don't think the use of a trademark is the real issue after watching the video. Just my take.

I have to chuckle.

John Suhr was one of the 17 guitar companies that opposed the Fender Trademark applications in the US Trademark Trial and Appeal Court in 2004.

Tom Anderson was another, etc, etc.

In 2009 the Court ruled against Fender and for the 17 opposers, which is why John Suhr and every other guitar builder in the world can make Strats , Teles and the P-Bass shapes.

Now he's sending Cease & Desist letters. :D

These amp builders should be paying commercial Profilers to use the actual name of their amps in their Profile name...it's the best free advertising they could ever hope for and chances are the free advertising increases their amp sales.

The owners manual that came with my first Line 6 Pod I bought in 1996 had a photo of every amp modelled using the actual name of the amp...Line 6 have never had a lawsuit filed against them by any amp manufacturer.

The Kemper has made Dave Friedman more famous than he was prior to the Kemper being released, he shouldn't be complaining he should be thanking CK. .

I like the new video angles on this one, looks awesome!

As for the tone comparison, I can't hear a difference and I'm listening through Genelec studio monitors.

Btw I was listening to a guy play a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 in a music store yesterday and then last night I noticed on Youtube you did a demo of one for a music store?

Any chance you're going to Profile this amp?

Great playing on the clips, Jarick, some great sounding juicy distortion tones.

You could have said you used 4 different Profiles and no one would have known you used the one Dirty Shirley. :)

I think the 'you can't really tweak the Kemper gain knob' was an urban myth started at The Gear Page in 2011/12.

Often I walk into the amp room in music stores and someone is playing the Kemper for the first time.

Sounds great, nice crunchy tone, then I check what Profile he's playing and it's a clean Fender Deluxe Reverb profile that he's turned the gain up on...he didn't you weren't supposed to do that and he's loving the tone . :)