Posts by Guitartone

So my friend Peter Hanmer (soon to be a new member here) bought a Kemper Rack for his studio...he also owns a Helix.

Pete's been endorsed by MI Audio for a few years so his pedalboard has a lot of MI Audio pedals on it, his all time favourite is the Crunchbox.

He's been gigging and recording (a few albums) with his Marshall TSL602 for many years, and his go to tone is the Crunchbox into the TSL602 clean channel.

He was extremely curious, and skeptical (understandable), can the Kemper really live up to the Profiling hype.

First Profile attempt and he was gobsmacked,.

After switching from Reference Amp to Profile a few times he muted the TSL on his mixer because he wanted to be 100% sure he wasn't hearing the mic'd amp and actually hearing and feeling the Kemper Profile. :)

Well, we're now addicted to Profiling, so I can see some Commercial Rig Packs coming soon.

We made a quick clip of Profile #1, classic rock tone.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh, yes because CK didn't think that maybe Kemper users with a powered Kemper of 600watts might want to connect their Kemper Amps to their Kemper Cabinet. For sure it will not handle those 600 watts...

:D

I don't think the Kemper Kone has a role in FOH unless it's a small room and you're not going through a PA. In that case it is the FOH.

I see the Kone useful as onstage monitoring or for jamming/practices. The FOH will always get the main outputs with the Cab sim included for me.

A great trick is to send the Main Outs to the FOH plus Kemper poweramp to cab, mic a cab then blend with the Main Outs.

That's what live engineer Martin Walker is doing on the Judas Priest world tour where Andy Sneap is using two Kempers.
    "I’m miking Andy as well to get something a little warmer,” says Walker. “The Kempers sound okay, but to me they sound a little brittle when you just use the DI, so he’s leaking some sound into another cab. If Andy had the choice, he would just use two DIs, but I’m just trying to bolster him a bit."

If someone comes to me and asks "should I get involved in the guitar gear import/distribution/sales business", I'd point them to this thread and say read this and then make your decision. :)

All the guitar scientists!

Who invented the Access Virus Synth and the Kemper Profiler, Christophe Kemper or guitarists on the internet?

Coolest thing, the Kemper Celestion will be sold separately. :S

For a distributor like me a few thousand miles away from Germany it's tough to import the full cabinet because of the weight for shipping charges, just being able to buy the speakers and use the "Imprint" software is a huge win.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well, it won't be anytime soon. We still haven't got the full-fledged reverbs yet, still in beta and it looks like they left a whole bunch of them out pending the final release.

I wonder when that'll be. Can anyone at NAMM pop that question and see if we get anything other than the usual stonewalling?

There were 1,256,721 requests for Spring Reverb, not other Reverbs, just Spring...now we're asking when are you giving us the other Reverbs besides the dozen or so including Spring that you've just given us for free, and if you don't give us an answer then you're "stonewalling". :)

NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet 1×12 cab announced

16 different Speaker Characters in one cab for the Profiler

Kemper is launching a new Kabinet 1×12 cab at Winter NAMM.

They have spent two years developing it and it adds 16 new Speaker Characters in one cab.

The new Kemper Kabinet has been developed during the last two years by the company for their Kemper Profiler system.

The Kemper Kabinet is a combination the Kemper Kone speaker can digitally imprint various speaker characteristics onto one single cabinet.

It is currently passive, but there is some talk about also making an active version at some point.

The Kemper Kone is a 12“ full range speaker made by Celestion, especially for the job.

It is controlled and driven by the Kemper Profiler’s DSP to an ultra-linear/full range frequency response, using their own dedicated DSP algorithm.

They have made it so that it still has that distinct guitar speaker character though.

I thinks people are a little confused as to what NAMM is...

3700 buying businesses/retail stores from 125 countries resulting in $10 billion in purchases annually...

That's why Kemper are at NAMM.

It's so refreshing to hear something that isn't just drop B chugga chugga ^^

That's a great track with some great tones and great playing from some great players - what's not to like!

Those Tokai's look cool too. I haven't seen an Tokai's for a while (I don't know if they still have a UK importer) but those 80's Tokai's from back in the day were killer guitars. I still have an old Tokai Jazz Bass somewhere.

Tokai dealers/importers keep a very low profile...try not to make too much noise if you know what I mean.

The current Tokais are still made in the same factory they opened in 1947, still owned by the same family who opened the original factory.

The quality is insane!

Dit is amper dieselfde. Dis wat jy kry as jy 'n paar honderd jaar uit Nederland uit Holland gaan!

Hey Lance, you changed the video, yeah? Just the song now. I was going to "quote" the exact time that I loved hearing the Classic sing, but no worries; you know how those things sound.

I had two versions, one including the 4 minute Tokai review and one without.

Thought some guys would get irritated if i show a Tokai review, so changed the link to the version without Tokai review.

Here's the original version if anyone wants to watch it.

External Content www.youtube.com