Posts by Dimebug

i agree, on the axe, there's too much hights, but there's also the tools to avoid them. it's easier to remove them than add them.
    That's why the Kemper is much more plug and play, it's like the tonelab stuff, the signal is well "packed" and makes it immediatly comfortable to ear.

i own the 2 machine at home, the Kemper isn't superior to the Axe II, he's essentially less expensive, easier to set up and give very close results. Then, it's 2 different concept, the Axe is an amp simulator, the Kemper take a "picture" of a particular amp setting and gives you some options to play around.
    The Kemper bandwith seems more restricted (lack of sparkle highs), yet, it's not usable for live set (midi bugs...). If you play it on a real guitar cab (and desactivate the speaker simulation) the results are ok, but not fantastic (compared to cheaper solution). The solution to avoid this is to make a profile with just a load box and no guitar cab, then when you use a guitare cab, it's much better and natural sounding. Whatever, I have some doubt if you have to face a real amp on a gig that you will be really "hear-able" due to the sound signature of the Kemper. So... different machines
    Today, if i have to take one for a live gig, it's the AXE II. i've been very septical about Axe II, because i didn't hear much difference with my previous ultra (played at home and live). I ordered it just to give it a try and finally, it stays at home. I was more expecting from the Kemper, and on some point, the kemper is a little bit disapointing, but as it's the beginning and many things still have to be tested/added/done, it deserve a chance.
    The Kemper is a fantastic tool for home studio, gives exellent results for jazz, blues, pop, rock, hard rock but if you're going in faster stuff you may notice that there's something strange.
    There's something wrong in the attack when fast playing soloing, kind of latency, lack of punch, i don't know exactly, but it's not like a real amp. The axe is much better on that point.
    Whatever, the Kemper, is a good investment, effects are cool, it sounds very "musical" and until your are not a shred/speed/metal/trash exclusive guy, you will find what you're looking for, and most of all, it's easy.
    The Kemper seems to prefer guitars with moderate output level.
    PS : i'm a very critical guy, so if you think my post is negative, no it's not... just that my job is to detects what's wrong on product so i use to spend more time on what's negative than positive.

Seriously interesting,
    i also noticed that for soloing, the gain seriously goes down, not that the sound turns thin, but the way the amp react isn't like a real amp, there's less compression and the gain seems to be reduced. the sound seems "sucked" when "all the availiable power sould be concentrated" on the single note. It's even more noticable on fast playing.
    maybe, whenrefining, there should be a chord step, then a "play some single notes" step. This could help users.

hello, just to inform you that i had several bug while i had a USB external storage connected to the KPA :
    i had a DSP error message while playing,just after browsing in the default rigs.
    I had no output sound after a boot.. remove the USB key and change rig solved the issue, but until the USB key wasn't removed, no way to get a sound.

I would really love to have a return gauge level to be sure that my profil return isn't clipping the KPA input and use the best possible resolution offered by the hardware.
    It would be great if Kemper sells a dedicated loadbox. I love the idea to take a "sound pictures" of several amps, in few minutes, and it would made the things much more simple and comfortable if we could profil at low level... without pluging tons of stuff :thumbup:
    I could post tons of idea or comments, but before, i would like to be sure that the forum is really active.

Hello, i did my first profils today, on my boogie Mark V. I did them using the slave output, this mean that the speaker wasn't profiled.
    When plugged in a Power Amp with a guitar cab, it give very good results (to me at least).
    Update : now, i've added the rod king cab... if you plan to use a PA + guitar cab, don't forget to desactivate the cab simulation.
    http://www.filedropper.com/profils3

The extreme one is only usable as a rythm. When you use it for soloing you will notice some strange effects, probably generated while profiling with too much gain.
    The FAT (clean) one is really close of what i get with the amp on the same cab.
    The tweed is a very light tweedy one, very pleasant with a strat