Posts by Per

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Very late one tonight and very messy, been a huge long drive to go and get prepared for the outage that PG&E is threatening and only got back very late, so very simple, but I figured it would be fun to try transition from 60's to 70's influences on this.

Hey guys, thanks for checking it out!

waraba - Thanks, it's definitely that grungey vibe was where I wanted to go. I wanted to see if the Kemper could deliver on those messy crunchy jangle very live sounds.

deadman42 - Thanks, made it through the meetings. Yeah 60's garage sounds, Tommy James, Nuggets etc is not too far from my mind either. Been listening to a lot of the 60's channel and Little Stevens Underground Garage and I guess that slowly percolates into my brain.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Just a very quick messy surf/pixies inspired noodle today, had one of those really really sucky days but 11pm rolled around and I hadn't got my noodle challenge done for the day so I'm afraid I rushed this bugger out. Now to sleep and meetings tomorrow.

You jest but I do think they changed the formula in the strings. None of my modern strings have the same clarity and separation, it's like someone jazzed all over them :P

Hey thanks for check it out guys!

deadman42 - Thanks, yeah it's very up front, hard to get it placed right for a more hip-hop kinda track. Something to work on in the future.

waraba - Thanks. I just randomly clicked profiles on the exchange till I found something that fit, this one is called "AxeDeluxe" so I assume it's a profile of an AxeFX doing a Fender Deluxe model? Anyhow I think I tweaked the gain slightly and then did the usual high-pass, the guitar is a 90's Mexican Strat (still with 90's strings on it!).

Don’t forget that through a normal amp you have volume to help, you need to crank your speakers to get that natural resonant sustain just like with a real amp. The Kemper can help with more compression in the amp block and balancing your input sens settings.

Moderator Notice:

Different direction for todays noodle, more into trip territory.

Hey thanks guys!

Monkey_Man - Yeah, I kept adding more and more delay but I'm just not sure the Kemper can deliver the kinds of levels of delay that 80's hair rock demands, you need at least 2 full racks of delay units. I was surprised at how much of the sound was in the drums though.

waraba - Thanks! I'm no good at shredding so it's a rare occurrence that I'll drop some in there.

deadman42 - That's kind of you to say but I'm pretty sure I've got the market sewn up here, especially after checking out all the cool things other people have been making here that sound so damn professional.

whippinpost91850 - Thanks brother!

MuddySludge - Haha, she sounds cranky!

Very nice, I love the guitar and really dig the song, everything sounds great. Only thing I'd add to polish it up is add some distant harmonies to the vocals during the chorus and drench them in even more reverb! Repeat after me the surf guitar credo : There can never be enough reverb!

Really nice vibe on this, reminds me of SuperGrass' "Moving" which in turn reminds me of some very cool 70's prog. Great playing too. Thanks for sharing!

Moderator Notice:

Just a sketch backing track here. Been listening to some 70's and 80's hair rock recently in the car and enjoying the heck out of it, so I decided to see if it's possible for a talentless bastard like me to get sounds in the rough ballpark of that stuff as I continue trying to learn how to record guitar and the arts recording production and arrangement. ENGL Morse and ERIKS's Legacy feature pretty heavily as well as an MBritt on lead, and bass through the RG Brass Diver profile.

Buying a Kemper is like buying Z-Brush. You buy it once, then every once in a while an announcement is made that something insanely cool is coming in november or something. November comes and goes, people get all angsty, then start jokes about "they didn't say which year" and eventually they forget about it altogether and get back on with making cool stuff and entrenching it into pipelines throughout the industry. Four years later the update comes out, everyone is "Yay this is awesome!" and forgets about their angst because the update is free and really they don't care that much because it's always free and at this point they're pretty much "well they can take as long as they want, it's all good (free) stuff". Surreptitiously while no-one is looking the price goes up just a smidge which everyone agrees is fair as "it's got more stuff, and exchange rates and inflation etcetera" and most importantly they're not paying. And of course all the old hands who've died in the interim waiting for the new must have feature get replaced by new shiny faced cadets fresh from college who need to buy it at the new price because it's now industry de-facto standard, so it allows them to keep on making new free features and everyone is happy and surprisingly chilled out and despite all business logic it seems to work great...

...do Pixolator and CKemper know each other? :D

Damn man, that's some fine playing right there! Great feel and somehow feels on point and in keeping, like something Prince would actually play (if he could).

Thanks, yeah I would love to have some vocals. But that would mean getting out of my comfort zone and contacting strangers eeeek...