Posts by Per

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Todays noodle.

BayouTexan use the groove search then ctrl drag to duplicate the loop until you have a complete track. Record bits, go back to where it should be louder/quieter etc, right click on the groove you picked and go to "Show Folder" then drag in chorus etc parts in the appropriate places. Finally grab a few fills and drop them in, maybe trimming them down as necessary as transitions between sections if the segments don't have a nice fill anyway (don't add needless fills as it'll become busy).

Thanks Franjoe30 vocals are the most frustrating part of recording currently, I’ve no idea if that ever gets easier or better but I do know this has a ridiculously over the top signal chain that I need to find a way to cut down.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Todays random noodle

Thanks Monkey_Man I know right? The only thing between me and the success of my first music related paycheck that covers not just the bar tab but also the petrol is talent, ability, commitment, looks, connections and a multimillion dollar marketing budget! I know, getting ahead of myself a bit but exciting times!

Seeing as we're sharing how the projects look now for educational reasons here's how this project looks in Reason with my usual bus group names.

Four incidental guitars, two main guitars (one low gain one high), one main bass track + incidental, drums + Tamborine.

This approach is really what some people call "Additive" production. You keep adding stuff to make it louder and to push back the audience then cut back where you want more intimacy. If you want it to sound more like a band then you approach it more through changing effects and play-style per track, i.e. digging in more for the chorus, pulling back for verses engaging a lead boost for solos etc, and keeping it to the same number of tracks as instruments in the actual band, with a few little incidental elements that a keyboard player could handle if played live.

You can see how the parts have been recorded by the clips where e.g. I've either duplicated a tambourine section that's better and overlayed it or recorded a second section of guitar because I messed up first time. There is no right or wrong way to do stuff only ways that get results.

Well done, it’s a big step forward in sound and production values! The next step is to work on picking drum patterns that breathe with you guitar work. You want to emphasize groove.

Awesome track Southdakota ! I love that you’re posting more stuff now. This one has strong BOC vibes in places too (though not enough cowbell obviously), I love to hear more classic rock vibes happening in guitar music coupled with modern sensibilities. Keep on rocking and pushing ahead!