Posts by Per

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tonights noodle

The reverb outside of whatever was on the profiles by default (mostly pretty dry) on here is UAD capitol chambers on the master bus and their smaller plate verb plugin on the second of the three clean guitars. Guitars are all just my 2008 LP, so no single coils but to punch them up I used a bass profile which has a lot of treble and gives that sound only minus the RF.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tonights noodle

Thanks Southdakota , MuddySludge and ST - the drums are superior drummer. In this case the Fields of Stone sound pack.

Nice classic car there ST ! Prescient as I today joined full time at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (their advanced Silicon Valley wing) . :)

Thanks BayouTexan I used the TAF profiles for the bass, not the Bassman but the one above it in the Kemper bass profiles pack, I find I’m gravitating towards bass that has a pretty full range these days. Sometimes I slap a pultec style eq on it to attenuate the lower frequencies a little but I find myself doing less and less stuf to the raw tracks these days. Maybe not so great for variety of sound, but good for churning out noodles quickly.

Thanks for checking it out Monkey_Man , funnily enough I actually started with the end on this one! But I have to admit I had a fondness for the track as a whole and hoped it would get more attention.

I think I’m now getting towards the stage where the elephant in the room (outside of my awful voice which I can’t seem to do anything about and lessons wouldn’t change, but it doesn’t matter cos when I get some good songs eventually someone else can do the singing and I can do the counting of all that pesky cash instead :P) is the songwriting itself, obviously playing skills can always be improved but I’d be lying to myself if I said they’re getting in the way except when it comes to soloing. So I think it won’t hurt to do some studying of the art of songwriting, gonna go see who has good YouTube videos on it now.

Todays music, couldn't come up with any lyrics so it's just an instrumental.

A very quick instrumental noodle, just a riff thing that as it turned out was in 7/8 but I liked the mood

Come on, your singing is great. It has that Ozzy vibe to it which makes it distinctive and interesting, I mean if you don’t want to be a multimillionaire rock superstar with number ones in every country and would rather be singing “walking in the air” then that’s your choice, but you have a god given talent, lean into it.