Posts by Per

Sometimes I'm out in the wild and I encounter something that I want to profile but I don't have my Kemper with me.

I'd like to see a little pocket (or smaller) doodad that just generates and collects the impulse response with a single in jack and a single out jack on it. You can then connect to your Kemper when you get back and the Kemper will process and generate the profile from the result. Ideally battery operated, no phantom power, just super basic.

Failing a dedicated unit even just an app on the phone that generates the sound, then within rig manager an "upload profiling take" option that accepts an audio file and will generate a profile based on this.

Obviously it will have all the expected caveats and limitations, you can't refine etc, but it would be super convenient for when you're not the office.

Second revision

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Something a little more hard hitting.

@ColdFrixion - Are you able to recreate this tone and it's gain structure with analogue gear, a real amp?

If so, please post a recording. Then post a reamp through a profile of said gear so everyone can compare directly and hear the Kempers shortcomings, and Christoph can maybe do something about it.

LP into the first rig on the Rig Exchange under JCM800 "JCM 800 Hi Gain" by Capitancamparro, switch to a One DS and up the tone on the pedal a tad, slap in a noise gate too while you're at it. You're there.

The problem is a JCM800 with a LP and booster or dist wont make that sound either. Why? Because honestly I think this is another classic case of not separating the guitar and bass sounds while you're listening. If you can get the raw stems then you'd hear that the guitar is a hot fizzy mess, the bass is doing a lot of work on that tone, making things sounds more complex than they are, you could potentially get a bit closer with a dual path shoving an octaver and compressor on the second path, but that sort of sound doesn't happen without either a band or a studio and multitracking.

So in answer. Nope. The Kemper cannot make this sound. Nor can a JCM800. This is about arrangement and studiocraft.

Insanely talented as usual @Cederick. On the whole materials thing, personally I think pickups make a bigger difference than body material, but certainly some guitars seem to sustain and resonate better than others, some suffer wolf notes where others don't, I've only played one perspex guitar and just breifly at that so I can't speak for variability, but what I remember was that it was very heavy, not very acoustically resonant, sounded fine plugged in but surprisingly to me it didn't sustain for days, looked cool as heck though.

Felt a desperate need to pick up the guitar again, so here's a quick little noodle as a result.

As mentioned in the Kemper FW feedback thread. Even though I don't have a Kemper footswitch based on what others are saying with accidentally tapping the wrong buttons it makes sense to offer the ability to lockout any buttons you don't need while actually performing, for example the Tuner. Ideally the mode should be triggered by an extended press of a button, for instance the tuner and unlocked the same way.

It would be nice if at the same time it wouldn't allow scrolling beyond the currently user defined/edited performances. And also if there's no common set of buttons that should be eliminated then some way for the user to specify in advance which ones they want ignored in this mode.

I figure it can only help eliminate accidental wrong button presses or jumping to the wrong places/performance while actually performing and maybe not looking too closely at where your feet are. You could call it the TLF "two left feet" mode.