Posts by Armin

Yes, this would be great - but the problem is copy protection - the save reason why no AxeFx plugin is available yet.

I think a good solution would be some kind of 'total integration' like with the Virus Synth - so the hardware is needed by could be integrated into a DAW in an easier way.

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there any sound change to profiles with firmware updates?

This is the great thing about the Kemper compared to boxes like the AxeFx - after each AxeFx firmware update are all the (VERY time consuming) user patches worthless - or need a lot of time to be tweaked again.

I hated this so much!

The Kempers basic sounds remain the same - thanks God - even when the firmware get improved.

btw. I use Cubase in addition:

- I create single tracks with the BandInABox software - e.g. drums, bass, piano, organ
    - export all to wave files
    - import into Cubase
    - Add my guitar tracks
    - Rerecord some BandInABox tracks later - e.g. play the bass guitar or organ myself ...

+1 for Band In A Box.

I have used all kinds of stuff for background tracks.

Basically I see this options (let me know if there are others available):
    1) Create background track myself
    2) Hire some guys to create background tracks the way I like it
    3) Use Band In A Box
    4) Use any of the many great (drums only) software - and need to play the other instruments myself
    5) Use background tracks and/or drum loops
    6) Use any kind of Midi instruments
    7) Use complete backing tracks

My needs are:
    It should sound decent - and I don't want to spend weeks for one song (so #6 is out)

I like to have a full background band - not only drums (so #4 is out)

I hate static drum loops (so #5 is out)

If I like to change the tempo or key or like to insert some more breaks or whatever I can't use #7 and even #1 and #2

That's why I use BandInABox - if you know the old Midi based version - forget it - that one sounds very poor.
    The latest ones use real instruments - have a look at their webside for demo videos.
    (For any serious work the UltraPlusPAK is needed)

Your demo is a real eye (ear) opener.
    It clearly shows how mic placement can make or break (or color) a profile.
    If you remember, could you share what the differences in placement were, corresponding to each segment of the demo?
    This could be very helpful if we hear something in one of the segments that we would like to achieve, or avoid, in a profile.

I started in the opposite direction (the last part of the sound sample was my first try).
    This is a far miked position which worked well for some of my small old vintage Fender (open back) combos.
    The second one is another far miked position I use for combos.

I was not able to capture the 'amp in a room sound' of an open back combo when I close mike it.

But the amp I was profiling is a closed back combo - so it does not work - compared to the real amp does it lack bass and there is much to much treble - and some 'strange' coloring.

So I placed the mic closer to the amp, at different angles and more or less centered - until I found the sound as close as possible to the amp sound.

I found that clean sounds are more forgiving when searching for the best profiling mic placement - so I use distorted sounds when ever possible - and check later with clean sounds as well.

Note: This was only the mic placement - the other task before this is to select a mic - so it can easily need 50 or more profiles until I can start to create the profiles.

For me is this procedure the most time consuming part of my profiling sessions - and each amp seams to needs a different mic placement.

Have you ever changed the mic placement for refining, after the initial profiling was complete.
    I wonder what the effects would be if you first took the initial profile, and then refined 2,3, or 4 times, each time changing the mic position?
    Has anyone tried this :?:

No I never did this - since the 'refine' process is some kind of final 'eq matching' I would expect that the result would be close to the result I would get if I would place the mic at the refine position.

The KPA can not fully separate the frequency response of the amp and cabinet - and not at all the frequency response of the cabinet and used microphone.

If all I want is exactly THAT sound of my amp, cab, mic and given mic placement - maybe because it worked fine for a recording - then I don't care about the separation at all.

If I want to let the KPA sound close to the real amp/cab in my room - then it's a lot of work - and I don't care what is stored in the amp and cab block - in a lot of cases will this cab only work for this one amp.

For me is the mic placement the key - but my goal was and is to get the sound of the amp in my room as close as possible.

Ok, I seldom need to delete all rigs.

But I would like to delete all within the current filter range - e.g. current author or amp, or even more often 'last imported'.

Normally should the KPA be designed so that the LED's can't be damaged even when set to max brightness.

But yes, the LED's get VERY bright - so I use them always dimmed down - no problems here.

I was asked about the content of this bundle.

Yes, there is no need to buy it in case you own the full bundle II.

There are 3 profiles of each amp from bundle II included.

(clean/crunch/lead in most cases)

In case you find that you like one amp very much - go get the full pack.
    And in case you like all profiles very much - upgrade to the full bundle II - for a reduced price.

The full versions included much more profiles of each amp.