Posts by Armin

To get a huge sound - some use a lot of delay or reverb - that may work in some cases - but sounds to much processed in a lot of others.

I found that the KPA 'Stereo Widener' (I use it in the X slot) makes some sounds VERY HUGE :love:

I like the KPA with this effect more than the AxeFx with two amps/caps at the same time :D

If the default settings does not work for you - the effect has some parameters to play with ...

Yes, I am still alive ;)

I had a lot of work in the last time (for other projects) - currently am I on holidays - and plan to create new profiles from next week on.
    The next ones will be:
    Koch Studiotone
    Mesa Boogie MK V

Check out the existing ones:
    Elmwood Modena M60 (22 profiles)
    Marshall JVM 410H (34 profiles)
    Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special (28 profiles)
    57' Fender Deluxe with Jensen speaker (19 profiles)
    Fractal Audio AxeFx II (49 profiles)
    Body resonances of various instruments (16 profiles)

The KPA and a great profile via a small computer speaker does not sound this great.

The feel of a real guitar amp speaker is very different because of many reasons - one is speaker size and the amount of air moved by the large speaker.

I was never really happy with small size near field monitors - and did not like the sound of most PA speakers as well.

So what is in (most) guitar cabinets?
    12 inch speaker(s)

Since I use two active monitors with 12" speakers all sounds - and feels - SO much better.

What is your experence?

1000 profiles may sound like a lot of fun ...

But:
    -Startup is so much faster if only a few profiles installed
    -It's fun to try a lot profiles - but a good advice is to delete most of them later
    -It's much faster to find a nice profile if only nice profiles are stored in the KPA
    -It's much more fun to create and/or modify your own profiles - and optimize your set of maybe 50 profiles
    -I ask myself is my main goal to collect profiles or to play the guitar :rolleyes:
    -Who the hell needs 1000 profiles :D:P

I used to spend a lot of time in this (and other) forums after I got my KPA - there where so many bugs and a lot of ideas to exchange ....

... but now - I just play that thing - and did not buy any new guitar gear at all ;)

Hope to create some new profiles in the next time too ...

OT - but I just read your sig

"If you want your bank balance to stay the same don't play a KPA."

Can confirm - sold the AxeFX II and VB101 - bought the KPA - better sound and more money :D

Yes, got the same experience.
    After a few minutes with the KPA at home I was sure this is a keeper.

Then I tried to find out all the advantages of the AxeFX II - there are some - but after a few days I put the AxeFx to eBay - and got 50Euro more than I paid :)

Still love the KPA - I wanted to play some 'plexi' patch this morning (for a few minutes) - at 13:00 I fond myself still playing and decided to stop ;)

Having re-read the previous responses, I will say this: The Kemper is an amazing piece of gear - I will be testing it severely during the next two weeks. I frankly don't care what the fanbois think, nor the hopeless critiques - I just want to see what it can do tonally.

You can profile with your HC between the mic/micpreamp and KPA in case you like to get rid of unwanted fizz.

I for myself found that I get about the same fizz as the mic in front of the real amp produces - and that is what I want.

Btw. it's possible to add an EQ block in 'X' in order to get rid of any unwanted fizz or woofy low end.

When my profiles do not sound great - then I try not to fix it later but to choose another microphone or mic position ...